Professional Mariner protech 4 series battery charger

Capt. ramius

Cadet
I have a 2007 model charger. Does the battery switch (s) need to be turned on when the charger is turned on??? What I know is When the charger switch is turned on you can hear the internal fan come on when the batteries are on. When the batteries are off and the charger is on you hear nothing. Thanks in advance…

Bondo

Staff member
I have a 2007 model charger. Does the battery switch (s) need to be turned on when the charger is turned on??? What I know is When the charger switch is turned on you can hear the internal fan come on when the batteries are on. When the batteries are off and the charger is on you hear nothing. Thanks in advance…
Ayuh,..... We have no way to know just how yer charger is wired,.....

paulswagelock

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It should be wired directly to each battery. It sounds like it might be wired to the battery switch instead. Go find out and let us know.

Capt. ramius

Cadet
It should be wired directly to each battery. It sounds like it might be wired to the battery switch instead. Go find out and let us know.
The owners manual is vague from that standpoint. I found it online also..waiting ona response back from the manufacturer. thanks

mr 88

Commander
You should be able to look at the top of each of your batteries and see the two wires from the charger . If all you see is the two main cables then the charger is hooked up before or at the switch . I've always hooked them.up to the battery.

dbj1515

Cadet
Generally there are two wires for each battery to be maintained by the multi-battery charger; plus and minus. Generally each wire is fused with an inline fuse. each battery charger output is "floating" so they are independent. Attach the plus wire from battery charge 1 to the positive terminal of battery 1 and the minus wire from battery charge 1 to the negative terminal of battery 1. Connect the other battery charger outputs to respective batteries in like manner. Apply AC power to the battery charger and note the status of the LED indicators.