problems finding parts for gamefisher 5hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

clcm87

Recruit
Hello I am trying to find an impeller for my sears 5hp gamefisher. it is a model number 217-586614. I checked at sears and they no longer carry parts for the motor. does anyone know of any place that would carry this part or which parts would be interchangeable?

Thanks.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: problems finding parts for gamefisher 5hp

Welcome to iBoats . . .

Since no one has answered yet, I'll take a run at it. . . .

It seems that the engine is made by ESKA and it is a 1980's vintage.

So, you might have some luck Googling impellers for ESKA engines. Also, if you have not done so already, take the old one out and if it is still somewhat intact, it will give you an idea of what it looks like for visual comparisons.

I saw some come up on eBay . . .

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

You get part numbers from Sears;

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...47/1305320?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=217586614

For parts, call these guys with your model and part numbers;

VinParts

They got all the Tecumseh stock when Tecumseh went tits up.

If you're just after an impeller, you can get a Sierra Marine that'll work for half the money. 18-3039. If the bore is tight. clean the drive shaft with scotchbright, and sand the impeller bore till it just slides up and down. You want the housing to locate the impeller without excessive drag. Don't forget to order the durned pin that's used as a key to drive the impeller.

Boatdoc58

Seaman

Mercury parts EPC has Sears motors listed...

chasevr

Recruit
Does anybody have the part # for 1972 Eska/ Gamefisher 5.0 hp propeller? cant find the #?

Status
Not open for further replies.