Primer Bulb Doesn't Pump-up

FreeBeeTony

Captain
I have twin '95 175's. The starboard engine's bulb gets hard but the port doesn't (that doesn't sound to good, not sure how else to word it!).
Seems to prime the carbs well enough to start, floats don't seem to be stuck open and I don't see any gas leaking.........is t possible I have a bad bulb or maybe I'm sucking air?

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Sucking air between bulb and gas tank ( pick-up tube ) ----Bad bulb or leaks on vapor tank.
I have dual tanks......w/ separate P/U's for ea. engine. Will need to check if the condition exists with bot tank selected! Thanks for the idea!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
If it primes the carbs enough to start the motor, that's all that is required. It is my personal observation that lots of those primer bulbs have less-than-perfect check valves and you could pump all day without it getting as firm as you might expect. In fact many of them are so bad that they won't even work unless the bulb is held in a vertical position while squeezing. Word from me is if they work well enough to fill the carbs, don't fret over it.