Price

Syms1919

Cadet
Would anyone be able to give me rough price on what this boat is worth?

1999 Campion Chase 630 ZRI

Attachments

• IMG_0215.png
    IMG_0215.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 14

briangcc

Commander
A lot is going to depend on condition. All we see is the outside hull with a cover intact...maybe..

If seats are shot, floor is in need of replacement and engine in disrepair....that all effects the bottom line. Then there's location. Simple supply and demand.

Gonna need a lot more information/photos before someone can spitball a price for you.

tpenfield

Staff member
I'm thinking $6-8K . . . Outdrive work could be expensive, depending on what 'work' means.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
campion went out of business twice since that boat was built.
assume it needs a complete new outdrive.

if its OMC, simply just pass

if its volvo or mercruiser, continue looking

what is the condition of the interior?
at 25 years of age, the upholstery, all plastic bits, etc are all past their life expectancy.

what is the condition of the motor? EFI or carb? if EFI, how is the fuel pressure and compression?

Syms1919

Cadet
I'm thinking $6-8K . . . Outdrive work could be expensive, depending on what 'work' means.
So your telling me a whole boat is worth $8K when I can’t even get a 5.0 L Merc engine for under $10k Make that make sense

Syms1919

Cadet
campion went out of business twice since that boat was built.
assume it needs a complete new outdrive.

if its OMC, simply just pass

if its volvo or mercruiser, continue looking

what is the condition of the interior?
at 25 years of age, the upholstery, all plastic bits, etc are all past their life expectancy.

what is the condition of the motor? EFI or carb? if EFI, how is the fuel pressure and compression?
The interior looks impressive Mercruiser 5.0

airshot

Rear Admiral
What about rotted stringers and transom ?? Best bet is to get a good marine survey !! To many hidden expenses that could cost a fortune !

briangcc

Commander
So your telling me a whole boat is worth $8K when I can’t even get a 5.0 L Merc engine for under $10k Make that make sense

Campion was Canadian so you're up in the Great White North correct? Do the conversion. $8k US is roughly $11k Canadian.

With limited information and a single photo you're not giving anyone much to go on. So how about sharing ALL the info and photos so that the peeps here can give you a better guestimate?

Going off the age, unless its been pampered its entire life, I'd 2nd the guess that you're looking at a total gut and redo. Again, no photos so can only go off past experiences of the many, many people who have come before.

**Looks can be deceiving with any number of PO's doing a "deck over" to hide the fact that the boat is rotten or simply not knowing any better.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
The price of a boat - especially a 25 year old boat - is going to be highly dependent on your region. In my area, where there are less boating opportunities and thus fewer boats, prices tend to be a good bit higher than in areas with plentiful lakes and a lively boat market.

The main determinant of a 25 year old boat's value is going to be condition of the boat and we have no information on that. The integrity of the boat's transom, stringers and deck, the condition of the upholstery, and the mechanical condition of the engine and outdrive are all far more important than the brand.

If everything on the boat was impeccable and fully functional, in my area, the boat might fetch $10,000-$12,000. In areas with even greater scarcity, those figures might be low. In areas with lots of used boats for sale, the $6000-$8000 value could be correct. (I'm assuming sales prices for direct sales, not sales through a dealer or broker.)

As others have said, without a lot more information, the best we can give you are really general ballpark guesses.

airshot

Rear Admiral
You could easily spend 10K in getting that boat fixed up if it has hidden damage and I am not counting the engine !!

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You could easily spend 10K in getting that boat fixed up if it has hidden damage and I am not counting the engine !!
I'm guessing he'd be well north of that to make it awesome however you can have a good day on the water with a safe but crappy boat. Assuming no rot and not a bad engine I'm guessing you could fix that up and add some quality of life stuff for under $3k. I've fixed a good number of crappy boats up and made do until I could afford something nicer.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I'm guessing he'd be well north of that to make it awesome however you can have a good day on the water with a safe but crappy boat. Assuming no rot and not a bad engine I'm guessing you could fix that up and add some quality of life stuff for under $3k. I've fixed a good number of crappy boats up and made do until I could afford something nicer.
I got the impression the poster was looking at a " really nice" looking boat, without digging deeper into the hull and engine. 25 yr old glass boats can look pretty but be a disaster deep down within. Many new boaters get hooked on appearance and don't look deep into costs as you well know ...Just giving a closer to reality probable estimate to open there eyes a little.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Look up the published value on one of the sites like NADA for boats. That is a starting point to tell you what its worth.

I am assuming that the $10k price is for a new engine. The boat and its current engine are 25 years old, which is past its service life.

IMHO $8k is way to high for a 25 year old boat.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
I’m buyer and it all looks great just needs leg work according to the seller.
And just what does "leg work" mean. Ever heard the seller of a car say all it needs is a tuneup? That can mean anything from spark plugs to an overhaul. If you aren't mechanically and electrically inclined you are strongly advised to have a surveyor check this boat for you. If this boat is in a marina, don't have them survey it. Hire your own.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
And just what does "leg work" mean. Ever heard the seller of a car say all it needs is a tuneup? That can mean anything from spark plugs to an overhaul. If you aren't mechanically and electrically inclined you are strongly advised to have a surveyor check this boat for you. If this boat is in a marina, don't have them survey it. Hire your own.
"It ran perfect the last time we used it"