Please Help

2guys1fish

Recruit
I hope you guys still read this thread, cause i just got a duratech S147 aluminum v hull and i need help. I cant figure out the drain plug system, is it a screw in type, or just a rubber plug? PLEASE HELP ME so i can get this bad boy on the water.

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Please Help

I hope you guys still read this thread, cause i just got a duratech S147 aluminum v hull and i need help. I cant figure out the drain plug system, is it a screw in type, or just a rubber plug? PLEASE HELP ME so i can get this bad boy on the water.

I've heard this question from quite a number of guys with the missing original screw type plug. It seems these are difficult to find, but what I've recommended and a number of guys have used with success is to use a rubber compression bait well plug. Here are a couple of links. Each of these come in multiple size diameter...so measure and get the most appropriate one.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...do?pid=610&familyName=Deck+and+Baitwell+Plugs

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/S-D-520091-1/SnapTite Baitwell Plugs, 3-8".html

Have you contacted us over at the Duratech site? How about posting a few pictures here of her?

labattomy

Cadet

My S147 uses a screw-in plug - but it looks a lot like a standard replacement oil drain plug for a car (except it is stainless) with a rubber washer.

It does not have any way to attach it to a safety chain so it will be easy to lose/

honda-junky

Cadet

I'm gonna be figuring out the size and thread pitch tomorrow for my duratech. It is the threaded plug that you speak of on the floor. I will let you know what I find. Thanks.

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

That would be helpful. If you can provide the source, brand, model number, and also upload a picture of the one you get which works, that will be VERY helpful. We've had about 20 guys email the site about the missing plug, and nobody seems to find the exact match to the original.