Pics of my '64 Niagara coming back to life.

broncojeff78

Seaman
Re: top fastners

Yeah I'm not sure about the seats. I only have 3 and was looking at maybe putting some back to back seats in it. I like the original look of 4 seperate seats but dont know how easy it would be to find the 4th.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

This was my first mock up of the hinge . What does the angle brace look like under the flip up latch? Is it just a hole drilled the same size as the post or is it slotted?
DSC00685.jpg

Thanks SP..

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

No not Dzus, I looked it up and they are called twist fasteners. Here is a pic.View attachment 167099

Maybe not Dzus-branded, and now that I re-read this not Dzus-buttons. However, Dzus invented 1/4-turn fasteners with a detent/spring that increases resistance to releasing the more it is pulled unless twisted first. There are several types and sizes and a number of non-Dzus parts that have heavy-duty applications as well. I have called any of these Dzus fasteners sort of like I don't call a Curad a "curad" but I call all plastic bandages "band-aids."

Either way a great idea and handy harware.

Woody550

Cadet

Mark,
If you haven't already heard from someone, I have the original TaylorMade canvas top and windshield. Yes, the leading edge of the canvas top has a stiff (plastic?) circular or rectangular cross section rod sewn into the edge. Insert this along the entire windshield recess and then pull taut and snap to the outside of the gunnel behind the rear Sun-N-Fun seats.
I also have the rear canvas top cover. Both have shrunk in the last 48 yrs but by repositioning the folding frame I can get the top cover to work just fine. If I was over 6 ft it might be a bit of a problem! I prefer to think of its new low look as my 356 Speedster for the water. Ok, just let me have my little dreams...
I think I mentioned in some post way back that I will get those two covers remade some day. Whenever that is I'll let everyone know what/how/where I did it. If this bridge has already been crossed by someone I'd love to hear what/how/where.