Paid For-Sale iboat ads in the Forum.......

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi guys, just letting everyone know that though this is new to us all, at this time iboats administrative has agreed that as long as the original poster has advertised with iboats to sell their boats, it is okay that the owner starts a thread about the boat being advertised on open forum. A few rules are as long as the owner is still advertising then the thread can remain but the thread cannot continue once the advertisement has expired. Another rule is that the original poster must provide a link to the iboats advertisement ad.

An addition to rule 8 has been created recently!
If you are selling a boat - paid advertising through iboats is acceptable to post in the forum. A link to the ad is mandatory and must be included in your post. Signature links for boats advertised on iboats are acceptable. We encourage members to use this service.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines/forum-rules-397820.html

Thank you all.:)
iboats Mod team

Last edited by a moderator:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What FT said. Any member "paying" for a for-sale ad within iboats can start a thread about that ad. They "must"" provide a link to the ad so we know it's legit. For-sale ads w/o a link to the iboats for-sale section will be deleted..... It will be your responsibility to provide the link, not the Mods....

If you want to pay for an ad to sell your boat, go here:
Boats For Sale - Buy & Sell, New & Used Boats, Owners & Dealers

So if you see a for-sale ad and it's linked to iboats, there is no need to report it to the Mods......

Last edited:

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Paid For-Sale iboat ads in the Forum.......

Dumb question -
Where are the boat ads?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

In the link I provided in my previous post. Also, on the main forum page top right. Has a pic of a boat and underneath it sez Boats for Sale.... :)

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class

In the link I provided in my previous post. Also, on the main forum page top right. Has a pic of a boat and underneath it sez Boats for Sale.... :)

:embarassed:

Now it just leaps at me.....

I was scrolling down the list of forums....

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral

So if I am reading your post correctly FT, the Starcrafts for sale on C/L Thread in the StarCraft section in now against rule #8??

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Since FT will be in and out, mostly out, of the forum for a brief time I can answer that question. As long as none of the C/L ads in the Starcraft section are member's boats, that thread is fine......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's been the impression and we do try to keep a close eye on that. It has happened a few times, but few and far between.

Did you empty your inbox, Musky?

dozerII

Admiral

Since FT will be in and out, mostly out, of the forum for a brief time I can answer that question. As long as none of the C/L ads in the Starcraft section are member's boats, that thread is fine......

Thanks for that, WIM

WIMUSKY

Staff member

No problem dozer. Starcraft owners are good at policing themselves. I'm sure if a members boat shows up in that thread it will be reported to the Mods...... And/or the member will be called out by another..........