oil seal leak?

Gale25

Cadet
Hey everyone- I have a 25HP Gale 22DE17BL that has black oil running down the side of the engine case after running. The oil seeps from around the exhaust bolts on the exhaust housing and the water pick up. I don't see any leaks around the power head or exhaust gasket. I think it could be the lower crank seal is bad? If so are the seals still available? I have a old service manual that shows the parts but it doesn't have part numbers to try to look the parts up.

Thanks in advance.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Hey everyone- I have a 25HP Gale 22DE17BL that has black oil running down the side of the engine case after running. The oil seeps from around the exhaust bolts on the exhaust housing and the water pick up. I don't see any leaks around the power head or exhaust gasket. I think it could be the lower crank seal is bad? If so are the seals still available? I have a old service manual that shows the parts but it doesn't have part numbers to try to look the parts up.

Thanks in advance.
Don't jump to conclusions. Mess like that is normal when running out of water which I assume you are doing. I doubt you would be able to detect a lower seal leak

Gale25

Cadet
Don't jump to conclusions. Mess like that is normal when running out of water which I assume you are doing. I doubt you would be able to detect a lower seal leak
No, I was running it in the lake and after it sit at the house. The oil/fuel starting running down the outside of the case.