Nobody fishing?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Season is pretty much wrapped up for my family (we don't ice fish). I'll see if I can dig up some pics later but...

All my boys caught fish this year. Oldest caught his first largemouth bass and first catfish - both were in the 12" range.

Middle son caught his first largemouth and first smallmouth bass - both in the 12" range. He also managed to catch me (hand), his brother (life jacket) and his other brother (in front of the boat - he was casting from the back). Gonna work on casting in the spring :)

Youngest (with help from mom) caught his first bass - 12".

Wife I finally got to touch worm and bait hooks - that's a milestone. Guess it helped the first day of vacation I got a really bad sunburn so I couldn't be out in the sun for a few days so she got fishing duty with the boys. She also managed to start taking fish off (another first) and lipped (another first) her largest fish - 16" largemouth.

All caught panfish - perch, crappie, sunfish/bluegill.

Not shabby and they're all talking about next year already.
Great report! Glad to hear that y'all were out there rippin' lips! (y)

aspeck

Staff member
@briangcc , sorry your season is ending ... as small game hunting season comes in, so does the striper, walleye, and lake trout bite. The bass hit their fall feed as well. Fishing is starting to get good again and will so with varying species up through the end of December, early January when the ice prevents launching.

briangcc

Commander
My better half's fish.

We tried for the first time some Northland Buck-shot rattle spoons tipped with worm. Worked wonders where we fish. 1/8oz as they fish with either ultralight or light spinning gear **I go medium for bigger lures/fish.

Attachments

• laura.jpg
    laura.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 9

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Google translates the left one as 'bream' which on this side of the world is a pretty generic term that covers a lot of types of common fish. Is hat the case for you?

also, if you are not good at typing in English, google translate is pretty good. I use it often for my Danish family

TPSK

Cadet
Google translates the left one as 'bream' which on this side of the world is a pretty generic term that covers a lot of types of common fish. Is hat the case for you?

also, if you are not good at typing in English, google translate is pretty good. I use it often for my Danish family

Good afternoon. Indeed, this is a bream fish, that's what we call this fish.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Lots of fishing........not a whole lot of catching.

About 20 minutes after this picture was taken I caught three fish on four casts standing in the middle of them and walked back to the truck

Some days you have, some you don't.......lol
IMG_2248.jpg

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
That surf looks pretty rough.....what were yall catching?
That’s actually pretty calm for the area.

What you’re seeing is the convergence of the Gulf Stream and the Labrador current forming “The Point”, Cape Hatteras, NC

You typically need 8 -10 oz to fish the bar but I only needed 6 oz that day to get a decent roll

Channel bass (red drum) are the primary target this time of the year but you never know what might pick up your bait in the wash.

Cobia, Stripers, Bluefish, Trout, False Albacore, Spanish Mackeral, etc. are frequent visitors

Oh, did I mention sharks…lots of them. And big ones at that. Hammerhead, Sandbar, Spinner and Black tip are common catches.

November/December Bluefish blitzes are legendary in the area.

aspeck

Staff member
Friend of mine caught these the other day ... I have never gotten into ice fishing, but I see what he is catching and I might have to be!

1675279735851.png