Night lights and bow cover

habberdabber

Recruit
What do folks use on their Porta-Bote for night running lights? Any LED suggestions?
Also, has anyone made a fabric bow cover? Any suggestions? I've made a crude pattern and now am looking for a seamstress/tailor to stitch things up.

sunge001

Recruit
What do folks use on their Porta-Bote for night running lights? Any LED suggestions?
Also, has anyone made a fabric bow cover? Any suggestions? I've made a crude pattern and now am looking for a seamstress/tailor to stitch things up.
Interested as well, just got a used 10' and am excited to take it out, but would like to do a few mods.

habberdabber

Recruit
I purchased some battery operated LED lights on, I think, eBay. Maybe Amazon. Very small, spring clamp mounts, they look OK and are bright.
I did have a pal sew up a fabric bow splash cover. It is not installed yet. Too busy with a pending family members demise now. I'm torn between attaching it with snaps, with holes in the upper hull for the button snaps or adhesive snap buttons. Adhesives are impressive, but not forever and a small 1/8" hole with backing washers won't harm things either.
No time to work the problem.

I will post a pic when I get this cover installed.

habberdabber

Recruit
With a rainy day, I finally got this cover installed. I'd seen another Porta Boter's image and decided to reproduce it. A buddy sewed it up, and it's held in place with button snaps.
Now to test it. That's coming in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• bote.jpg
    bote.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 3