new trailer

dale1

Seaman Apprentice
greetings. today I purchased a 2004 24' seachaser walkaround with a magic tilt aluminium trailer with disk brakes, surge type.

the prior owner placed a block of wood in the hitch-slide to limit the amout of travel. he stated that he had to do that because the trailer would not back up. I removed the block of wood because I really need the additonal braking with the big pig. he was right. the trialer will not back up with the block removed. "but it stops good:)"

Ive never owned this type of trailer. any thoughts appreciated.

dale

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: new trailer

There should be a place for a lockout pin so you can back up. Very common with surge brakes.

not enuf toys

Chief Petty Officer

There should be a place for a lockout pin so you can back up. Very common with surge brakes.

+1 on this

my trailer has a "pin" that i move into place to keep the slide from moving in. some have a bolt that you put in place.

i have been looking into a solenoid that goes after the master cylinder that reroutes the fluid back into the resivoir.

dale1

Seaman Apprentice

hey, what about the override switch. there is one on the trailer. I wonder if there is a way to check it, or is it just a change item? thanks, dale

NYBo

Admiral

Do you have power to the solenoid/switch when the tow vehicle is in reverse?