Need Help, Taking On Water !!

Jim Iacono

Recruit
I have a 8.5 AB rib that always seems to have water in the front storage compartment (under the bow seat). Have had the boat fliped over and inspected it for damage, there is none. Have sealed the plug to the cavity under the floor, and the cocpit plug is new. The cocpit never has water in it.
It has a Weaver lever for the motor and I have sealed all the mounting bolts and tie down bolts including the bow eye. I'm baffled !!:confused:

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Need Help, Taking On Water !!

Fill the compartment with water and see where it goes. Chances are there is a fiberglass void up underneath the inside of the compartment along the side or bow.

Re: Need Help, Taking On Water !!

I would say try the old tire leak test trick. Pump it up to max, use soap water in a spray bottle, (windex, ete...) and spray it and see where bubble comes out from. It will take some time and work.

Fill the compartment with water and see where it goes. Chances are there is a fiberglass void up underneath the inside of the compartment along the side or bow.

If he fill up the compartment, and there's a small hole, wouldn't water go into the chamber?

Not sure how big of a deal that is though.