Need advice on purchasing a second hand rib

Sea swimmer

Recruit
Hi,

I am a total novice to picking a rib, have been involved with boats for years on and off but never looked into purchasing one until now.

Basically I am a open water swimmer, wishing to train more in the sea, hugging the coastline. Will be venturing out in easy to moderate conditions with the possibility of swells and slightly choppy waters. I have vast amounts of experience with swimming in these conditions and so have my other buddies who will be coming along to train. I have swam alongside ribs before but never paid attention to the spec of the ribs. We have also recently had two of our members qualify in their level 2 powerboat and am eager to get them on the water to gain experience, as prior to this they have had none.

I am looking to purchase a rib but after hours of scrolling through the web, cant seem to find an idiot guide on how to go about picking a rib for our needs. I will need a boat that can be handled by two people, as there will be times when a beach launch or recovery will be necessary. I am guessing a 30/40hp engine is needed for these conditions, also need a boat that can take a few swimmers, along with the driver and another member of safety crew, if needing to go back to shore. The rib will need to have low side for easy water recovery of the swimmers. Will be travelling to different locations, so the rib will need to be easily towed and transported.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice anyone can give. I will be still reading upon everything but it would be a great help if you could point me in the right direction and offer you experiences in what would be best suitable.

Thanks

M1aTom

Seaman Apprentice
Sea Eagle FKS16
I got mine off eBay “used” $1,699 with three seats would have been $1,599 with two but I opted for the extra.

The title says new, however it doesn’t have the new inflatable keel I guess the newest model has. But I don’t see any patches whatsoever on it. They even included 4 or 5 Scotty baitcaster rod holders probably from the previous owner.

Couldn’t be happier other than the problem I’m having with the old Johnson JW10 motor I’m trying to use with it, I just made a post about.

Check out their eBay page at inflatableboats

I don’t see any FSK16s right now but they have a fastcat12 deluxe package for $1,599 and a fastcat14 special package for $3,299
A FishSUP126 for $899 all with free 3 yr warranty and free ship and handling like my boat came with.