Mods for a 2014+ 5.0 Stang soon

ezbtr

Commander
420 - 435 hp stock, prob 6 speed auto, thinking simple bolt ons for 500 hp, thoughts? Thanks!! Not sure if will sell 2006 GT 4.6 which I love, 73K (in pic) :)

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 3

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know if your buying/selling/or something else

ezbtr

Commander
420 - 435 hp stock, prob 6 speed auto, thinking simple bolt ons for 500 hp, thoughts? Thanks!! Not sure if will sell 2006 GT 4.6 which I love, 73K (in pic) :)
I'll be GETTING one!!! No need for a trade - but I could :)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Mods are up to you. How do you want to use the car? That will direct you on the mods

Drag racing.... cage, solid rear axle, blower, nitrous, remove interior, sound deadening, AC,radio, carbon fiber hood, front fenders, bumpers, doors, trunk and a different transmission

Road racing.... Remove interior, sound deadening, etc. Carbon hood, trunk, doors, fenders, acrylic windows, add a cage, fuel cell, different 3rd member, different transmission, 5-point harnesses

Car shows..... Lots of polish and waxes

Street racing.... A crowd control barrier and a cement crash barrier

Simple bragging rights.... A few stickers on the windows

If the car is a daily driver.....never mod a daily driver

Me personally, I would never buy a "fun car" with an automatic or one that weighs over 3000#

ezbtr

Commander
Mods are up to you. How do you want to use the car? That will direct you on the mods

Drag racing.... cage, solid rear axle, blower, nitrous, remove interior, sound deadening, AC,radio, carbon fiber hood, front fenders, bumpers, doors, trunk and a different transmission

Road racing.... Remove interior, sound deadening, etc. Carbon hood, trunk, doors, fenders, acrylic windows, add a cage, fuel cell, different 3rd member, different transmission, 5-point harnesses

Me personally, I would never buy a "fun car" with an automatic or one that weighs over 3000#
Scott, I knew YOU would answer :), totally a street driver, they race lots out here , I'm thinking 550 hp tops, not changing any trannies, build motor more, differentials, not looking to break stuff - sorry I should have included these details (knee was toasted for 6 weeks, now back/meds) 1st time
P.S. Maybe just a tune, boy did that wakeup the 4.6, 91 perf

PS

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Every single car crash down here is a mustang GT. They already have more power than the average driver can handle.

Last guy thought he could outrun the state patrol. And he was ..... Up until the round about where he lost control and took out a utility pole and ended up in the hospital with a broken neck

Focus on handling

southkogs

Staff member
To be honest; not sure I would put a ton of mods into a 2014. I'd be more inclined to look at one of the GEN6 special editions.

BUT ... since you have a GEN5 that's pretty beefy ...

If it were me, I'd look for a coupe, around a 65 - 70. You can get a decent driver for a reasonable price, and any of the V8s are fun and easy to play with. You don't need a ton of power in those, but if you want a road monster you can do it easy enough. AND ... you have some unique style when you're out driving.

ezbtr

Commander
Scott, I knew YOU would answer :), totally a street driver, they race lots out here , I'm thinking 550 hp tops, not changing any trannies, build motor more, differentials, not looking to break stuff - sorry I should have included these details (knee was toasted for 6 weeks, now back/meds) 1st time
P.S. Maybe just a tune, boy did that wakeup the 4.6, 91 perf

ezbtr

Commander
Prob lower it like mine, maybe long tube headers, x pipe,

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

you don't know what you're missing out on > 450+ hp alloytec V6. puts little cars to shame in the twisty bits :).

op nice ride.

Attachments

• WP_20190913_14_44_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190913_14_44_36_Pro.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

Scott Danforth

Staff member
you don't know what you're missing out on > 450+ hp alloytec V6. puts little cars to shame in the twisty bits :).

op nice ride.
You guys in Australia have go-fast parts for the V6 that we don't get here. If your looking to ship some V6 parts, let me know..... Lol. The V6 will fit my next project better than the V8

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You guys in Australia have go-fast parts for the V6 that we don't get here. If your looking to ship some V6 parts, let me know..... Lol. The V6 will fit my next project better than the V8
feel free to pm me for a chat so as not to invade ops thread, yes we can make big HP from the ly7 alloytec but its not cheap or for the feint hearted there are areas where they are weak and if block and head mods are left out you have a really nice genade :).

sorry OP not trying to jack your thread ,i seen your mustang and talk of 500 hp and could not resist chiming in.

southkogs

Staff member
Actually - to point it back in for ezbtr; my daughter has the 4.0 in her 2006 Mustang: and honestly, that mug has plenty of power. I've got the 2.3 in my '92 and have looked at the turbo conversions for it: nearly doubles the HP.

dolluper

Captain
100 lbs per minute turbo will give you 100hp gain...little tweek on advance...external wastegate are nice ..bov blow off valve .intercooler

Last edited: