Mini Excavators

Chief Petty Officer
20230729-070150.jpg

Can anyone identify this print. 2 people have said it's a big cat. And likely a mountain lion. I haven't seen any bears yet. Not really worried about wolves. I've seen mostly deer , foxes, coyotes, grouse, and turkeys. Probably time to buy a gun.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Where are located? Its hard to judge the size of that print without something to compare it to, like a measuring tape. Off hand I'd guess a dog type track as it seems to leave toenail impressions and a cat wouldn't as its claws would be retracted. I think a bear track would have the toes more pronounced and be wider. But I'm no mountain man so what do I know? Just an educated guess.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It's a canine print of some kind. Not a cat.

Need scale to estimate. Depending on where you are, it could be a wolf, a dog or a coyote.

Got this from the internet.
Cougar-Dog-Tracks-Illustration.jpeg

And I took these pix while scouting over a dozen years ago.
Coyote track.
a1.jpg

Black bear track. Estimated size of 300 - 400 pounds.
bgm1.jpg

Reactions: 909

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Update:

20230720-152612.jpg

Couldn't be happier .

Thanks for the lessons boyos.
Looks nice. Not sure what you get for stormwater (from the sky, and from adjacent areas) and freezing - road drainage and maintenance are key in the longer term ("you can pay me now, or you can pay me later")

Doh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I purchased a Chinese Mini Hoe this Spring. for the Cabin. I have worked the hell out of it so far with 60 hours on the clock. True the trails/Leveling could be handled with something better, but it can do it by dragging a 5' chunk of Rail, or a Railroad Tie. Could have Rented one, but hauling it to the Island would have been costly, and limited timeframe. These have been selling at Auction for under $6K Fees in.
20230331_073758.jpg

Reactions: 909