Midship bilge does not drain

gpeter1492

Recruit
Rain water collects in my mid bilge but does not drain even when bilge pumps operate.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
There will always be a bit of leftover water in there. Or does it not drain at all?

gpeter1492

Recruit
There will always be a bit of leftover water in there. Or does it not drain at all?
during a good rainstorm I can get 12 to 18 inches in this midship bilge. It will slowly drain over 10 days. Is there a midship bilge somewhere on a Crownline E29?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Not sure if there is a pump there, if not there should be. If it’s draining slowly over time, there must be a pump someplace. I really think you should have a qualified tech look at what you have going on, for one, find out where the water is getting in. Seems you should get to know your boat a little better.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Check the limber holes for blockage

gpeter1492

Recruit
Not sure if there is a pump there, if not there should be. If it’s draining slowly over time, there must be a pump someplace. I really think you should have a qualified tech look at what you have going on, for one, find out where the water is getting in. Seems you should get to know your boat a little better.
I have just aquired the boat and getting to know it. The midship bilge is designed to let rainwater in as it has drain holes under the deck cover. My problem is the water stays in the bilge. There must be a defective bilge pump that I have not located yet.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Ok, you are talking about the deck itself. You could put some hoses on those drains and route them to a fitting above the water line. Just don't tie them into the bilge pump lines, you will have to install a new fitting on the hull. Unless someone removed the hoses before the fitting may be there.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. If it’s what I suspect it is…is there not a drain plug (like a bung or gar plug) in there ? Boats like that with locker storage or ski lockers often have a plug you can put in there which means you can use it as a wet area or fill with ice to cool drinks etc. I certainly have a plug on my central locker under floor.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
check the drains or limber holes for blockages