MFG Seacruiser

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: MFG Seacruiser

I know that when I ordered mine it took some time 'cause he was out of town a lot. I am sure that if you left him a message he will contact you.

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hope so, i really would like to get a couple, he did a great job on them and i can only imagine if i tried to make a pair what they would look like :eek:

Jon Sob

I remember he told me that he had one good emblem and he made a mold out of it by pressing it into some type of clay or something. Now he just pours poly resin in the mold and out comes an emblem .... lol. I am sure that it is not that simple. He also has the arrows that are on the end of the rub rails.
arrows.jpg

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea, i may get some of that molding clay if i dont hear back from him soon.
Fortunately i still have all 4 of my arrows for the rub rails, i just had them off while i do the storage bins cause i had to remove them to replace the storage bins

Jon Sob

I am not sure if he added some type of glass to the resin when he poured the emblems but I know they would be very brittle if he didn't. They have to be painted for UV protection and they are glued on and not screwed or bolted on.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I need some of both .:redface: Adoseth I see you still have the small grab rails . My mounting pieces are ok but I need to replace the 5/8 " tubing . That size is hard to find!
DSC00050.jpg

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea i got lucky on that boat when i bought it , it was all there nothing missing, but i has a mishap with the bow rail after i first took her out about 15 years ago and i just took all the railing off and threw it away:facepalm:I wish i hadnt done that!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the link! they got all kinds of tubing. I have allum. Stainless would be very pricey.:eek:

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea, it isnt priced too bad, i think a 1 foot piece was like 7 bucks, also it looks like they do exact cuts to length

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

By the way, how many feet do you think you will need?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

2 peices 57 inches long. I could not find on the site an actual picture of the finish on the tubing .

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im pretty sure it would be somewhat polished looking, but you may be able to call them and ask

Jon Sob

Congrats ....... Looks like everything went well. Must be nice to be in Florida ...... it's snowing here.

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats on getting the bottom wet! Looks great!

I too am in the snow belt and my Oxford is languishing in the back yard awaiting warmer weather. Hopefully I'll be making some progress very soon!

Jon Sob

Hey Steve ... I don't know how close you are from me but it is going to hit 60 here on Wed . I sure hope that reaches your area as well. I am going to get as much done as I can to prepare for Wed then hopefully I can get my cap painted. That has to be a good feeling for adoseth to finally get to enjoy the boat instead of working on it ... lol.

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep Jon ... I've been eyeing that weather forecast too! Thursday is my 60 degree day.

I still haven't decided whether to put the boat upside down and do the bottom and then paint the hull.

It sure would be easier to paint that way but manhandleling the thing off the trailer and upside down seems a bit much for my son and I. If it was upside down I could soda blast the bottom and make a first class job of it. I need a better boatyard!!

Decisions ... decisions ...

At the least maybe I'll take it the way it is and go enjoy the lake for a few hours!

By the way, I'm all the way across the state near Allentown, PA.

Anybody out there flip their 15 footer? How hard was it?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Yep Jon ... I've been eyeing that weather forecast too! Thursday is my 60 degree day.

I still haven't decided whether to put the boat upside down and do the bottom and then paint the hull.

It sure would be easier to paint that way but manhandleling the thing off the trailer and upside down seems a bit much for my son and I. If it was upside down I could soda blast the bottom and make a first class job of it. I need a better boatyard!!

Decisions ... decisions ...

At the least maybe I'll take it the way it is and go enjoy the lake for a few hours!

By the way, I'm all the way across the state near Allentown, PA.

Anybody out there flip their 15 footer? How hard was it?

Just flipped my 16.5 footer . It was'nt to hard just nerve racking!:eek: :D