Low compression Suzuki OB: 105...105.... and 65

Nordin

Commander
As Faztbullet says, maybe a Suzuki.
BUT why does the thread call for a Johnson if isn`t a Johnson!!!
The only two stroker OB with white color power head are Johnson or Suzuki.
BTW This engine needs a major restore, that bottom cylinder and piston is toasted.

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Topic says ---Johnson.----And posted on ---Johnson / Evinrude forum.
Yes, but I never started this forum. I got an alert the other day that all my posts regarding my compression that I posted to another one of my forums, was moved to this forum after someone else created it. I have a 93 Suzuki DT85. Do not know why this forum exists, but since people are commenting, I will take the extra help!

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
No matter what it is(looks like Zuki) it needs rebuilt
It is a Suzuki. And yeah I know this.....Just don't know If I want to rebuild it. I got it cheap enough on a gamble. Don't know if the parts for it are still in production or where to find them. Don't know if it would be beneficial to rebuild or buy a functioning one from a shop.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Get the boat done.-----Motors are easy to find.----And 3 cylinder Mercury motors do not have a cylinder head that can be taken off.----Somebody stated that your motor might have been a Mercury !

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
As Faztbullet says, maybe a Suzuki.
BUT why does the thread call for a Johnson if isn`t a Johnson!!!
The only two stroker OB with white color power head are Johnson or Suzuki.
BTW This engine needs a major restore, that bottom cylinder and piston is toasted.
Yes....93 Suzuki DT85
And I can not answer your question. I did not start this forum. I got a notification one day that all my posts about the compression of my motor were moved to a new forum started by someone else. Don't know who and it was really weird that someone went out of their way to do that. But I have been getting comments on it so I figured I would take the extra help.

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Get the boat done.-----Motors are easy to find.----And 3 cylinder Mercury motors do not have a cylinder head that can be taken off.----Somebody stated that your motor might have been a Mercury !
Gotcha.....I did not know that. I am planning on focusing more on the boat now. Thanks!

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Glad the issue got fixed! Thanks to whoever moved this thread to the proper forum!