Lost gas cap

Jwhite471

Recruit
We are struggling trying to find a gas cap replacement for a 2009 Marine Tracker Tahoe 196. None of the replacement caps have the right threads (too coarse or too fine). We've tried replacing the whole fill assembly but it is a 4 screw, but our boat is a 3 screw. Aside from drilling new holes, any suggestions on where to get a cap?

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_100710_01.jpg
    IMG_20230812_100710_01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230812_084914.jpg
    20230812_084914.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

airshot

Rear Admiral
Unfortunately there are many different ones out there!! Did you try Tracker Marine? I would assume you did...see if you have any marine salvage yards near you. Order a bunch if different ones and try them, sounds dumb, but that has worked for me in the past.
Go to a big marinia and ask their opinions, you might get lucky as they see this stuff often. Last resort...it looks like a plastic tank, no big deal to drill more holes !!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would buy a new filler, and drill new holes in either the boat or the filler neck flange

Jwhite471

Recruit
Unfortunately there are many different ones out there!! Did you try Tracker Marine? I would assume you did...see if you have any marine salvage yards near you. Order a bunch if different ones and try them, sounds dumb, but that has worked for me in the past.
Go to a big marinia and ask their opinions, you might get lucky as they see this stuff often. Last resort...it looks like a plastic tank, no big deal to drill more holes !!
Yes, we've tried several. The new filler we have is what Tracker recommends as a replacement. I just wanted to avoid drilling, but it sounds like that's what we're going to have to do. There are no marine salvage yards near us. Thank you.