Liquid Rubber

sunaj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Gonna try this post in this section, wondering if you guys have tried tuff coat or liquid rubber to restore your inflatable, there is quite a difference in price among brands, wondering how this stuff worked for you, thanks sunaj

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Liquid Rubber

It works quite well, I use a product (not sure what it is called) but it is a latex type of liquid that i use in an emergency when racing ...... seals the tube from the inside .... a bit messy though .....

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class

It works quite well, I use a product (not sure what it is called) but it is a latex type of liquid that i use in an emergency when racing ...... seals the tube from the inside .... a bit messy though .....

Really? Racing an inflatable? Please send pics of video... I'm curious...

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Quaggaskloof_136_.jpg

Quaggaskloof_203_.jpg

Quaggaskloof_204_.jpg

Quaggaskloof_256_.jpg

sunaj

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not talking about the rubber sealant you put inside the stem, but the rubber you paint over the boat, to put another layer of rubber on

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Oh that stuff ..... nope, then I would rather just get the boat retubed ..... it never seals properly and will always leak, that is if your boat is leaking .... if you just wanto put it on for extra protection then it is fine, just makes it heavy though .....

RubberDuckie

Cadet

I was looking to use that exterior coating stuff on mine this summer to see if it can help fix my issues.
I'll try to remember to post my findings if/when I do.

Oh yeah, Thank you iboats for this new sub-forum. :)