Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Another pic sent from my daughter in Minn ..
I have no clue how I keep double posting pics ..

southkogs

Staff member
Up north Michigan with the family at our cottage this weekend.
By_The_Lake.png
That Pierre Marquette rowboat you see is one of our battle hardened survivors. Nearly, seventy years old. It's one on my list to redo at some point so it looks nicer, but it works just fine.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
@southkogs the only thing that would make that picture better is someone sitting on the dock with a cane pole and a dog laying next to them.

southkogs

Staff member
Real close: Two golden retrievers and a schnauzer in the house all weekend, and my brother and I are leaving in a few to do some trout fishing. If the dogs are down at that dock, they're not sitting ... they're swimming. The older one will wear your arm out throwing a ball to fetch. My lab couldn't come ... ear infection won't let him swim.

Fun fact: that dock is actually some of the best fishing in the lake. There's a reed bed about 50 yards out, and the bass and pike cruising through there make great pickings. Lots of pan fish too, but we've taken some really nice largemouth right off that pier.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I have been told there is an Outboard Motor in this Picture, but I have looked at it many times and have never noticed it151.JPG

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Here are a couple pics of the Prototype of the Black Max, fondly known as ol Blue. Notice the Inline 6 midsection, transom bracket and gearcase, distributor ignition. Engine was standing on the Flywheel, but I inverted the picEarly prototype 001.jpg
Early prototype 002.jpg

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Let’s also add a nice 1925 or so
Elto Ruddertwin hanging on the transom !
lightwin.png
This is was the first motor on the boat: it's still here at the house. A little dirty right now, but it runs. I have the 1957 Johnson 7 1/2 that we ran the most on it home in Tennessee, working on it as I can. We have an Evinrude 9.9 that runs it most of the time now.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
View attachment 361496
This is was the first motor on the boat: it's still here at the house. A little dirty right now, but it runs. I have the 1957 Johnson 7 1/2 that we ran the most on it home in Tennessee, working on it as I can. We have an Evinrude 9.9 that runs it most of the time now.
looks similar to my Gale 12hp

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
View attachment 361496
I have a 3 hp one of those . Doesn’t look as good as yours but runs good ..

FLATHEAD

Commander
Being in the woods we get lots of wildlife here. Finch decided to make a nest in my wife’s summer wreath on one of our doors. Out of 5 eggs she got these four little guys. I can walk right up and look at them. Suppose they will fly in the next couple days. I’ll be glad when they do. They are messy, but pretty neat to watch.
BBFFA190-F1DE-4ABF-A739-E71E09C78B23.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah i had to delay a small project for a customer at her front door, same bird same reason, same location.

FLATHEAD

Commander
yeah i had to delay a small project for a customer at her front door, same bird same reason, same location.
I guess they feel safe and it’s a spot that is pretty much out of the weather. On closer inspection it appears there is indeed 5 birds in the nest. Zoomed in right off the beak of second bird from left I spot an eyeball down there.