Intex Inflatable Wood Floor Modification

SDH06

Cadet
I am considering replacing the fold up plastic floor on my Mariner 4 with plywood. I was wondering if one half inch plywood was sufficient or do I need three quarter inch for stability?
I would need to cut the floor in half for transportation and storage issues. Does having a floor seam impact the floor’s performance? I have seen videos where people have used plastic H channel, gate latches and PVC pipe to keep the two sides of the wood floor tightened together and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for improving the fit between the two halves?

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Half inch would be lots thick. I made a floor for my Seahawk 4 last year from 1/2 inch OSB and have no complaints. Keep in mind that the inflated floor is supporting the wooden floor when in water. Not sure about the folding part. I put pipe insulation secured with zip ties around the edges to prevent the edges wearing into the vinyl sides of the boat.

SDH06

Cadet
Thanks for the response. I saw photos of the pipe insulation and zip ties on the floor edging, looks interesting. Some have used swimming noodles to protect the edges.