How much did a 2008 19' alumaweld stryker sport jet cost brand new in 2008?

Trevor1977

Cadet
Was looking at a 19' 2008 alumaweld stryker sport jet that was for a
Sale with only 22 hrs on it I was wondering what did this boat cost brand new in 2008?

mr 88

Commander
NADA or I think it's ( Kelly's ) Blue Book might have it listed . Try Google as well.

roffey

Commander
When you think the boat is 15 years old and has 22 hrs on it, I would suspect it has issues from lack of use use. Boats like cars need to be run and used. The condition of the boat and how it was stored will give you the real value.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Was looking at a 19' 2008 alumaweld stryker sport jet that was for a
Sale with only 22 hrs on it I was wondering what did this boat cost brand new in 2008?
what it was 15 years ago shouldnt matter.

why hasnt it had any hours on it since 2008 should matter.

most boats get 30-70 hours on them the first year.

Trevor1977

Cadet
what it was 15 years ago shouldnt matter.

why hasnt it had any hours on it since 2008 should matter.

most boats get 30-70 hours on them the first year.
I beieve the reason it didnt get much use has to do with the age and health of the now deceased owner. the garmin depth finder recorded all 22 hrs so I do know where it went and what Time of year. I was wondering what it costed new to see how much I over paid for it..

Trevor1977

Cadet
I beieve the reason it didnt get much use has to do with the age and health of the now deceased owner. the garmin depth finder recorded all 22 hrs so I do know where it went and what Time of year. I was wondering what it costed new to see how much I over paid for it..
Seems to run real well so far.

Trevor1977

Cadet
When you think the boat is 15 years old and has 22 hrs on it, I would suspect it has issues from lack of use use. Boats like cars need to be run and used. The condition of the boat and how it was stored will give you the real value.
Your the 2nd person to bascally say the exact same thing about the amount of time thenusage and the few hrs is it really that bad a thing if it's stored in a shop or garage? The engine is spot less and the covers are all in great shape leading me to believe that the ailing health of the deceased owner stored it inside. No visible signs of weathering or wear. I was wondering what the new price was in 2008 just out of curiosity because I did pay quite a bit for it

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I was wondering what it costed new to see how much I over paid for it..
You already bought it. You have buyers remorse.

Worrying about what something cost 15 years ago after you may or may not have over paid is like worrying about a grenade after you pulled the pin and tossed it.

I bought a used boat 15 years ago, sold it 3 years later for 85% of what I paid

Last year that boat is worth almost 2.5x what I sold it for

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
It really absolutely makes no difference what the 15 year old boat cost new. Zero, nada, zilch difference.
But for what it’s worth I bought a brand new Alumaweld with a 115 hp merc ob in 2004 (or maybe it was 2005) for $28,000 as I remember. Yours would have been a little more since it was newer and is a jet.

airshot

Rear Admiral
The hour meter or gps could have been easily changed to show low hours....just a thought... You will need to change out any rubber hoses, bellows, fuel lines etc due to age. Even if stored inside in a temp controlled atmosphere, the rubber, plastic stuff still deteriorates. Fuel lines can deteriorate from the inside and look great on the outside and in the middle of the lake is noot where you want a fuel leak !!!
As far as value, it means nothing except to the owner or the buyer. Boats gain and loose every year, condition is everything and so is maintenence. On an aluminum boat, years has less value than a glass boat. However, we would like to see pics...we like pics....we xan offer better recomendations with pics..

Trevor1977

Cadet
You already bought it. You have buyers remorse.

Worrying about what something cost 15 years ago after you may or may not have over paid is like worrying about a grenade after you pulled the pin and tossed it.

I bought a used boat 15 years ago, sold it 3 years later for 85% of what I paid

Last year that boat is worth almost 2.5x what I sold it for
Cool thank you. No remorse sir was just curious. If a boat can retain value like they say it's a find either way. I Am having issues with the boat and trailer already though and that bothers me. I'm 8 hrs into a 15yo boat that was indoor stored with 22 hrs on it when i bought it in feb. So far a few small things wrong with it, nothing deal breaking. Am new to river jet boating so there is always that. Went to a tire shop, had them repack the bearings and seals. Next day, take it for a 3 hr drive, then the next day, yesterday. I notice that it's not sitting level ,i thought to myself dam dude did u really leave with the boat that far of the trailer......aparently it had broken a torsion bad, shop said broken axle. Dropped it down far enough to have the inner part of the fender leave a groove in the tire all the way down past the cords inside the tire. Do u know anything about the axelless axles?

Scott Danforth

Staff member
If a boat can retain value like they say it's a find either way.
boat values ebb and flow with the market. they dont "retain" value any more than your house or a car. Boats have a finite life determined when they designed it.

Bondo

Staff member
Went to a tire shop, had them repack the bearings and seals. Next day, take it for a 3 hr drive, then the next day, yesterday. I notice that it's not sitting level ,i thought to myself dam dude did u really leave with the boat that far of the trailer......aparently it had broken a torsion bad, shop said broken axle. Dropped it down far enough to have the inner part of the fender leave a groove in the tire all the way down past the cords inside the tire. Do u know anything about the axelless axles?
Ayuh,..... The rubber blocks rot out with time, replacement is the only fix,....

roffey

Commander
Boats are a money pit (Break Out Another Thousand). Like the say the hippest day of a boaters life is when they buy it.... and then when they sell it, lol.
Have fun and enjoy your new purchase. You will get all the bugs ironed out.

roffey

Commander
so you have had it for a year now,,, How has your boat journey been? Di you get all the bugs fixed and put some hours on it?