what information are you looking for?

being a 1988 its 36 years old
there are no drawings or manual

lasvegaschef

Cadet
what information are you looking for?

being a 1988 its 36 years old
there are no drawings or manual
is it a good/decent sea worthy boat? apparently no longer made since I can't find anything on line about the company, other than a place to rent them?
actually the owner/current seller has all or alot of the drawings and manuals
so i am assuming this is somewhat unusual?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
houseboats are generally a floating brick. as far as seaworthyness, consider that.

yes, any documentation is unusual. boats are still made off of sketches and a note pad. drawings rarely exist.

jbcurt00

Staff member
is it a good/decent sea worthy boat? apparently no longer made since I can't find anything on line about the company, other than a place to rent them?
actually the owner/current seller has all or alot of the drawings and manuals
so i am assuming this is somewhat unusual?
Seller has a boat manual & factory diagrams? Yes unusual.

Sunsetter Three Bouy?

It's a 36yr old boat its current condition, past maintenance & care/service is much moreimportant.

Google pulled some electrolysis hits, steel hull? Marine inspection, a test cruise & haul out inspection should be mandatory

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
is it a good/decent sea worthy boat? ...
actually the owner/current seller has all or alot of the drawings and manual...
many considerations to answer the first question, maybe post a few photos to start getting input. Has it been in the water? salt/fresh? will it be slipped? what seas? Extent of corrosion of the logs, and what are they?

not sure what drawings and manuals might include - but they might not represent what that 1988 craft is now

lasvegaschef

Cadet
Seller has a boat manual & factory diagrams? Yes unusual.

Sunsetter Three Bouy?

It's a 36yr old boat its current condition, past maintenance & care/service is much moreimportant.

Google pulled some electrolysis hits, steel hull? Marine inspection, a test cruise & haul out inspection should be mandatory
listed as a single engine Mercury Cruiser 3.0 Westerbeeke 8500W
I understand their is a Marine Mechanic in Searchlight (close to seller) that will perform an engine inspection haul out inspection?
thank you for your advice

jbcurt00

Staff member
Based on limited intel, haul out is to inspect hull fully, hard to do under water