Hi from Newfoundland Canada :) Intro Fourwinns Fling

Jon NL

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi group this is my first post, i have a mid 90's fourwinns fling that i am trying to breath new life into. I am mechanically inclined (ski doo, bikes, trucks) but really have zero experience with boats.

The boat was gifted to me and it was running 5 years ago but it started to take on water so it was pulled out of the water and put on the trailer. It was left outside in the rain and snow for years with the plug in, yes it did fill with water and there is water in the motor. I have taken the plugs out filled with oil the motor is not stuck and it spins over freely.

I ended up taking the starting motor apart as it was also full of water, after a good cleaning it turns over the motor slowly.

I think this has a OMC 115hp crossflow motor but will have to check into it

excited to be part of this forum and learn some boat knowledge

cheers :)

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard.

You may want to take some time, put the plug in and back the trailer into the water. Look for water invading the boat. If five years ago it started taking on water, that problem likely hasn't been solved.

If you can't find water coming in when the boat is floating (still attached to the trailer), then bring it back home and go over the components and make sure nothing is rotting out. With that much water inside the boat, I'd be guessing the engine is the least of your concerns.

Jon NL

Petty Officer 2nd Class
thanks For the welcome :)

Plan on doing a lot of research and reading on this forum.

Bondo

Staff member
thanks For the welcome :)

Plan on doing a lot of research and reading on this forum.
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,......

Scroll down to the Jet ski forum,..... That's where yer driveline is discussed,.....
Maybe some motor cross over in the Johny/ Rude outboard forum,......

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As was said above, likely that boat has a lot of issues. If the engine was full of water then likely in winter it froze and may have done major damage. Likely didn't do the boat any favors freezing and thawing either. Not to mention rot and waterlogged foam. Free boats are seldom free. By the way I'm from NL as well. Lots of help here, I've learned a lot.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Motor has to come apart now.---All crankshaft / rod bearings are likely damaged from water exposure.-----Or if you get it running it will come apart by itself !-----Need parts the----evinrudeparts.ca -----may be able to help.