Hi All & Question @ Zodiac .....

George Zeck

Seaman Apprentice
Hi All -

Glad to have found the forum. I am hoping to get a few opinions here. I just inherited a Zodiac 11.2ft raft from my Dad that has seen little use in 5 years (or more). It's 13 years old.

It's a 1995 and I've been fighting with it for 3 weeks. The front chamber doesn't hold air for too long (goes from rock hard to med softness < 3 hrs). I just noticed on the underside, the area near the stern is coming unglued (ie if I was in the water, it would come in freely; swamping me). Used soapy water 3 diff times and no luck finding any leak.

Admitedly, I'm new to all of this & overwhellmed. Is this thing worth fixing? I see in ads on this forum for boats slightly smaller - for $1k. I'm just afraid to start an open ended project and have more into the boat that I could replace it with a new one. I woun't even get into the engine issues.

Also - the model is Zodiac C340S. Frankly - it's a nice boat and I think I'd have a nice time on it (in good weather). To go to a "local" dealer would involve an 1 hour + drive and probably some time off of work.

Any ideas on repair costs? Opinions on the "toobseal" product (or similar) (liquid sealer poured into a chamber). I am hoping someone has some experience with these matters and just would like to know before jumping into this with both feet.

Thanks for your time.

George Zeck
Cleveland, OH

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hi All & Question @ Zodiac .....

If you can't find anything else, check the valve really well. They do leak without the cap on!!!

Cheers,
Snow.

Sailings4us

Recruit

My son used the toobseal on an old achiles someone gave him and it seems to be working. I hope this helps.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Zodiac's of that age are problematic and almost certainly will continue to degrade. No honest repair shop will repair it for you. As to the Toobseal...It works to stop small interior tube leaks that are difficult to get to by conventional repair methods. I endorse it, but keep in mind it not a cure for a boat that is falling apart.