Hey Brine

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Noticed we have pratcically the same boats. How do you like your 2500? I LOVE my 2550.

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hey Brine

mischief :: I noticed that too!! I will start by saying that this is the nicest boat I have ever owned. Mine is the bow rider version and looks alot like yours. The kids like sitting up front and also playing in the Cuddy-Can. You have the big motor!!!!!! THat boat must move. I get 47 mph on GPS with just a 5litre b3. Do you trailer yours or leave it in? <br /><br />Glad to talk to another owner of a similar boat who is as happy as we are. :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool:

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

We went from a 2100 LSR to the 2550 LSC and miss the bow rider fun, but the cabin has proven a wonderful addition. Sleeping aboard totally changes the boating experience. This was something I was aware of, having grown up on cabin cruisers, but my wife and kids were blown away by how cool it is to wake up in a boat at sunrise.<br /><br />Surprisingly, to me anyway, my boat only tops out at 53 MPH on the GPS. The big block gives nice thrust out of the hole though. Even fully loaded, I do not need to touch the tabs to get on plane and the engine never feels strained at cruising speeds. I have been toying with a procharger kit and a 30" prop set to get me to 65 MPH or so and a 40 MPH cruising speed, but for now am content with what I have. 5 grand is a lot of money for 12 MPH... What prop set do you swing with your 5.0? We have 26" props and a 2:1 drive.<br /><br />We trailer the boat to keep it clean and to allow use in many bodies of water. We live in NH and boat in lakes in NH and Maine thus far. Next season we will be going out in the Atlantic for the first time. Eager to see what that'll be like with this boat. Never ventured out there in the 2100. Where do you use your 2500?

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

We toyed with the idea of a cabin and looked at many boats with them. We are mainly day boaters and like to take extra people (usually with kids). With comfortable seating for 12 we couldn't go wrong. <br /><br />I am pretty sure we have the 24 propset but I will verify this for you in the spring when she comes out of hibernation. Lots of get up and go except when loaded up. Then I need the tabs. <br /><br />We boat mainly Lake Erie but since we trailer it we are free to travel with it. We like Georgian Bay and some of the smaller cruising zones in Ontario as well. I have never had her in the salt but I am told they are definately built for it. I'll post some pics if i can figure it out! :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: <br /><br />I think you need a trip through the Trent Severn. You have the IDEAL boat.

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mischief Managed : Where do I find out what the drive ratio is on mine????

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

Slow work day...<br /><br />When we were shopping to replace our 2100, we looked at many "pocket cruisers" like the Sea Ray 240, Monterey 248, Larson 245, Regal 2465, etc.; figuring they were the smallest thing we could sleep two adults and two kids aboard. Then we met some folks with a brand new Regal 2650 LSC and were shocked to discover it had two kid sized berths as well as the standard V-berth. We started shopping for one of those and my wonderful wife stumbled upon a cabin layout for the 2550 LSC online and realized it was identical to the 2650. We were really fond of the 2100/2500/2550 side window style and that pushed us toward a used 2550. Our 2100 was equipped with a 5.0 Merc V8 and was quite the little rocket, so I just HAD to have a big block in the bigger boat. <br /><br />Took us nearly a year to find the perfect boat, but it was worth it. She's fully loaded with every option Regal offered, plus a Powerwinch windlass. She only had 93 hours when we got her and is a total cream puff. Only caveat was the 2000 mile trip to Indianapolis to get her and bring her home. That was a long three days of towing since I ended up selling and delivering the 2100 to a buyer in the Indy area at the same time (gotta love the Internet).<br /><br />Since we've had her, I have upgraded the trailer tires to Goodyear Marathons, upgraded the anchor to a polished SS Delta plow, added a Standard Horizon Chart plotter, fabricated some power vents with weather gates for the kid berths, added a screen for the hatch, added two more 12 V outlets in the cabin, sandblasted and painted the stern drive, added an American flag to the stern and replaced the zinc anodes with magensium for our water in NH.<br /><br />The Trent Severn is on the list of things to do. We plan to take a trip on the NY canal system, Lake Champlain, Lake Senaca, etc. someday soon. It would be nice to take a month off and do the Trent Severn as well. <br /><br />Glad to hear the boat is adequately sized for bigger lakes. Figured it was. She handles chop better than I expected she would. Eager to see how she'll do in the ocean.<br /><br />If you do indeed have 24" props, I would figure that you have a 2.25:1 drive ratio. The math I used: 47 MPH = 49632 inches per minute. 49632" per minute divided by 24" props = 2068 revolutions per minute. 2068 RPM + 5% for slip(typical slip for the FASTRAC hull at WOT) = 2171 RPM. Typical max operating RPM for a marinized 5.0 GM V8 is 4900 RPM. 4900 RPM divided by 2171 RPM = 2.257. The ratio is stamped on the port side of the drive upper gear case, if memory serves. Lemme know if I was right :)<br /><br />To post pictures, just upload them to a free account on a site like www.shutterfly.com, open up the full size picture on shutterfly, right click on the picture and select properties to find the URL of the photo, copy the URL into a post here and bookend it with IMG and /IMG tags like these:<br /><br />
47b5cf38b3127cce95dc2babbeaf00000016108CbM27Nyzcg
<br /><br />I posted a photo of the text because if I type the IMG and /IMG tags in this post with the brackets on them, they will not show up as text.<br /><br />The power vents I mentioned above:<br />
47b5d625b3127cce930e2cc843e200000016108CbM27Nyzcg
<br /><br />The exhaust in the cockpit:<br />
47b5d625b3127cce930e2cb7c2ad00000016108CbM27Nyzcg
<br /><br />How they look in the cabin:<br />
47b5d625b3127cce930e2cbc439600000016108CbM27Nyzcg

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great pictures Have a great Christmas!!!! :) :cool: :) :cool: :)