Grumman Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot, but hope so. I am looking at a used Grumman Boats, which is a 25 ft Cuddy. The year is 1988. When i was in it today, I noticed that there was a lot of rot in the transom, and was wondering what kind of work and money would be required to replace it. The rest of the boat seems good and solid, I am just worried about the transom. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. <br /><br />Thanks <br />Belchy

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Grumman Boats

The boat is an aluminim hull. <br /><br />Belchy

Realgun

Commander

Might be worth slavageing. The work is up to you its not that hard just work.

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok, thanks for the info, It doesn't seem like that big of a job, so i think it will be something worth salvaging<br /><br />Thanks again<br /><br />Belchy

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Grumman was/is known as the manufacturer of very high quality alumnium canoes. I had a 17'er years back and it was as solid as they come.

Scali

Petty Officer 1st Class

thet made great fighter jets, rockets & space capsules, why not a boat ?

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought the same thing when i did a bit of research to find out about them.<br /><br />Belchy

Scali

Petty Officer 1st Class

they used to build them right here on long island, what I never knew is they made boats that size, I thought it was mainly the famous Grumman canoe & john boats..<br />quality stuff though

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Belchy:<br /> I am looking at a used Grumman Boats, which is a 25 ft Cuddy. The year is 1988.
From the website:<br /><br />"The plant relocated to Marathon, N.Y. in 1952.and in 1988, Grumman produced the largest aluminum boat in its history at Marathon. Designed for the Great Lakes, it measured 22' 3"."<br /><br /> http://www.marathonboat.com/index.html

flh

Recruit

looking for any info on an old grumman sailing canoe....this boat is somwhere between a canoe and a small semi v rowboat.. it is aprx 14 ft long... three seats... barrelback transom.... set up for small gaff rig sail......large grumman "G" stamped into the forward bulkhead....I would guess the boat to be from the late 50s or early 60s.....cant seem to find any info on this boat..can anyone provide me with any info .....thanks flh

Status
Not open for further replies.