Fuses

Cartin

Recruit
Hey there from Denmark 🇩🇰

I’m the happy owner of a Monterey 276.

On my dashboard there is all the fuses for the different appliances.

But my speedometer and window viper does not work. I’m thinking fuses first of all. But my issue is that I can’t seem to get my fuses out. They are locked in. Any chance anyone could help? I have tried with a small screwdriver no luck. They should come out due to the little spring, but nothing works. They still won’t come out, I have also tried to unscrew the black plastic hood, still no luck😳

Attachments

• 218F58C3-638F-416D-A687-6FD06ED39C9E.jpeg
    218F58C3-638F-416D-A687-6FD06ED39C9E.jpeg
    768.3 KB · Views: 11

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
From the looks of it those are circuit breakers, not fuses.

Reset (push in) each one to check functionality

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Those are ETA or Carling Tech circuit breakers

Cartin

Recruit
Thanks you

But I can’t seem to get my window viper to work, and my speedometer is also not working. So that would be my first choice.
Any other ideas?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Thanks you

But I can’t seem to get my window viper to work, and my speedometer is also not working. So that would be my first choice.
Any other ideas?
Speedometer is typically water powered. Check condition of pitot on transom and the tube running to back of the speedo.

Follow wiring from wiper back to switch. Then from switch to power supply to find the problem.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
circuit breakers go bad. so use a multi meter and test.

most speedometers run on a pitot tube unless it has a GPS sensor

Cartin

Recruit
Speedometer is typically water powered. Check condition of pitot on transom and the tube running to back of the speedo.

Follow wiring from wiper back to switch. Then from switch to power supply to find the problem.
Thank you

I’m going to try this out.

Sone more issues I have. I have installed a new water pump, and replaced hoses from the fresh water tank, but can’t seem to get any water trough. It seems like the pump is full of air and not reacting water from the tank? Any further ideas?