Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

tallcanadian

Captain
I thought I would throw this on. I'm glad it only needs a bit of work.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...ts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts

Needs a bit of work at the back of the boat just a new piece of wood and then fiberglassed back in, other then that it's in great shape and so is the trailer I want 500 $ no less, I also have an older 55hp Chrysler out board motor that needs a fly wheel I'll sell it for (200)$ boat comes with a gas tank for a outboard motor as well - I live in Trenton my add is just under Halifax to get more views

nwcove

Admiral
I thought I would throw this on. I'm glad it only needs a bit of work.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....n=email_alerts

Needs a bit of work at the back of the boat just a new piece of wood and then fiberglassed back in, other then that it's in great shape and so is the trailer I want 500 $ no less, I also have an older 55hp Chrysler out board motor that needs a fly wheel I'll sell it for (200)$ boat comes with a gas tank for a outboard motor as well - I live in Trenton my add is just under Halifax to get more views

gee....drove by there today...wish i would have seen that gem! are those wratchet straps keeping the hull from pancaking? lol ...55 hp chrysler that needs a flywheel ? hmmm, the three jaw puller idea went wrong? price is ok tho......considering that boating season is just getting going here in atlantic canada!

Last edited:

milehighjc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here is a winner: It had a crack in the back, but its been fixed. Love the new paint too, I bet that was at least 3 cans of rustoleum red.

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/boa/4680135590.html

00303_2NLtJG5treq_600x450.jpg

00g0g_kET6YDCVTmb_600x450.jpg

64osby

Admiral
I'll call ^^^ that post and raise one hundred.

http://holland.craigslist.org/boa/4710255978.html

$800.00

condition: excellent

1973 Saftmate Boat
16ft with 65 hp Evinrude Motor

Runs great! Took it out this summer and had a blast.
Includes Tube! That's a $50 value for free.

New Gas Lines!
New Battery!
New Plugs!
New Marine Boat Speakers!
CD Player!

COMES WITH THE TRAILER! Which has a power winch! Super deal!

HMU with offers, trades, OBO!

00Q0Q_MnA8fdbRqa_600x450.jpg

Haven't posted one in a long time but thought this one was deserving of some recognition.

64osby

Admiral
^^^ Isn't that picture in the current Highlights magazine, the seek and find?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont know about seek and find, but the last time i was at the dentist, i'm pretty sure i found Waldo in that pix....

Mr Hoffa maybe too....

mandvwagner

Seaman
Well if nothing else a witch might come with it and all the hardwares

"this boat it pretty much has all the hardwares and parts witch goes with it".

Glad he thinks plywood and his labor is worth $3600 at that price he better throw in the chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:

roffey

Commander
makes you wonder how some one could do that to a boat. I pass by a Bayliner every day on my way home. It is uncovered and open to the weather, I'm sure every thing is rotten.

Last edited:

rotozuk

Seaman Apprentice
[h=2]Open Bow 19' I/O Boat - $4200 (hollister)[/h] http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/4762874630.html

00000_caD3hZ6DlF5_600x450.jpg

I have a 19 foot open bow boat for sale .... has inboard/outboard engine ... needs a little sprucing up and a little body work, but once that is all fixed, youll have a nice lil boat on your hands ..... Will not float at this time, but if you have cash, in person, we can give it a go. Engine was submersed in salt water for only about 3 weeks, the outside of engine looks decent, the prop is missing, although im sure its still on the bottom of the harbor,

Comes with all safety equipment that has been checked, verified and used at last outing.

If you wanna take it for a spin, cmon down ... i can tow you around on the trailer (not included) so youll get a feel of what it will be like once this baby hits the water again!!!!

thx for checking out my posting, hopefully will see you soon!

Wont last long at this price ... no looky lous or tire kickers!

Attachments

• 00000_caD3hZ6DlF5_600x450.jpg
    00000_caD3hZ6DlF5_600x450.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0

rotozuk

Seaman Apprentice
Spent the day looking at a few boats today, I have a fixed budget of about $7000 and am amazed at the garbage boats i looked at today. At least I can easily spot the damage to the boat above. Sad thing is I asked all the right questions and get either direct lies or the owners pretend they are clueless. Can they really be that clueless? I was prepared to buy either of the boats I looked at today based on email and phone conversations with the owners. When I arrived to check them out (2 hour drive) I knew I was wasting my time. The second boat was awesome. It was a 99 Four Wins. Looked great in photos, but it was in BAD shape. Soft floors, lots of time in salt water, told me it was a dual prop, it was not. Lots of busted little stuff, and the perfect interior was nice and moldy. I could see a water line inside the cockpit, but he claimed it never had any water sitting in it. The perfect motor shock worse than a small dog. The best part was the trailer. It had a fresh coat of spray paint. I thought that must be hiding something. There were all of these little square things under the paint... Yep, he had taped and painted playing cards over the rust blisters and holes, then painted over them. Nice! He tried to play dumb and blamed everything on the previous owner, yet he has had the boat for 4 years.

Are there any good boats out there in my price range?