Fuel filter

Snap43nib

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 92 NS90A I have a canister type fuel water separator filter, would it be necessary to have another inline fuel filter, or is the water separator sufficient?

Thanks!!

Snap43nib

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fuel filter

The one in the engine is about $27 to replace, but the water separator was aftermarket wasn't sure if leaving 2 filters would be redundant and constrict flow or not. Guess I'll order a filter.

Thanks!!!

robert graham

Admiral

Since adding my fuel/water separator type canister filter on my transom, there's almost nothing at all in the motor mounted fuel filter, but I feel it provides a back-up, redundancy filter for my fuel system. Maybe the $27 every year or two is well-spent preventive maintenance. Good Luck!

pvanv

Admiral

The one in the engine is about $27 to replace, but the water separator was aftermarket wasn't sure if leaving 2 filters would be redundant and constrict flow or not. Guess I'll order a filter.

Thanks!!!

The correct filter element for the NS90A is 3B7022340M FILTER $5.78. I wonder who is asking $27 for it. Even if you wanted to replace the entire filter housing, you would order 3AD022300M FUEL FILTER ASSY $24.25. The on-board filter should theoretically stay a lot cleaner (and hence last a lot longer) when you have a separator-filter preceding it.