first boat....silverline aruba..help!

milmor88

Cadet
hey everybody, i'm new to this site but found that it seems to be very resourseful.
Last year when i was 19 i bought a boat from a guy i worked with, told me everythign was fine on it even ran it for me, so i bought it for 1000 cash, took it home checked the oil....milky....my heart sank...so in desperate hope, i changed the oil...ran it again....milky....looked carefully and the soft plugs were pushed on the 302 in it......that was the end of my summer

This summer i started on the boat again..the floors were completely deteriated and rot away...so i took up all the old fiberglass and plywood put new treated 2x6 studs and put in 1/2 in treated plywood for the floor, painted the floor and fiberglassed the cracks and joints....

Took out the engine, and rebuilt it hoping the engine and heads were not cracked...put teh engine back on the boat..ran it without manifolds..hoping to find them as being the problem.....and it ran cool just fine....now yesterday i bought some new manifolds got them bolted up and everything and as i was timing the engine...it overheated.....and my dad thinks i switched up the hoses on the manifolds....and yea i've put alot of time in on this thing and am gettin stressed and drained.....i've read changing your timing can cause an engine to overheat...is this true...if anybody has any advice let me know...thanks!!!

milmor88

Cadet
Re: first boat....silverline aruba..help!

p.s. the engine in a mercruiser 888 with ford 302 engine