Expired Warranty on 2006 Mariah

Dudders

Cadet
Hi guys,
I had a few niggling little problems with my 2006 SX18. I bought this boat 2nd hand with just 35hrs use and less than 6 months old.
So with a small list of problems I fired off an email to Mariah USA.
I just received an email back from Sea Fox / Mariah telling me because the boat is 2nd hand there can be NO warranty claims (even on the hull) from them!!!:mad:
So much for their bloody Limited lifetime warranty.
So beware anyone buying second hand no matter how old from this company. God knows whats going to happen if I have an engine problem with Merccruiser?!?!?!?
One pissed off Mariah owner........:mad::mad::mad:

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Expired Warranty on 2006 Mariah

It is not uncommon for warranties to be non-transferable. This is smoething you should have checked prior to closing the deal, IMO it affects the value of the boat.

Dudders

Cadet

Yeah my bad, dazzled by the beauty of the boat:)
It had a big sticker sayin "Limited Lifetime Warranty" on the back of the boat. Didnt even think to ask if the warranty was void because of being second owner on a boat LESS than a year old. We assumed (I know) that warranties would have been like a cars one.
Buyer beware eh?

Dudders

Cadet

Now I may need to eat a little bit of humble pie here. My friends a Hayway Marine in Perth WA have fixed a list of things that I presented them with a few weeks ago. Firstly was the Bilge Pump and Bilge Blower both not working (they popped the circuit breakers when I flicked them on). The Oil Pressure took no time to come up but the water temp took a minute or two !?!? Very strange. The hull had a couple of tiny air bubbles that needed looking at, and finally the nav lights werent working.
So after leaving the boat with them for a couple of days I went down to pick it up, armed with my biggest credit card to pay the bill.
They said they replaced both the Bilge Pump and Blower as both had seized, also the wiring to the temp gauge and oil pressure gauge had been swapped around (dont know how or by who though). The nav lights had a couple of blown bulbs and the hull bubbles had been repaired so well I couldnt find them even knowing where they had been!
Now the good part, the manager told me to put the credit card away as they were putting it all through on warranty. :eek:
So thanks so much to the guys at Hayway Marine in Perth Western Australia, you are true "service providers".