Evinrude Big Twin 35

airshot

Rear Admiral
Nice looking motor!! It just needs an ole Lyman or Thompson mahogany boat to put it on !!! I can remember those from my younger days...fond memories......If you decide to part with it, look up old wood boat collectors, should sell very easily. !!

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
good memory, Jimmbo -- or still have a couple in the shop. I kind of prefer the hood of the rope start as it looks less busy. When adding a starter with wires through the bottom of the pan, the look without the side connector is less cluttered as well, imo.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
My Dad had the Electric Start version back in 1972. I haven't seen one since then, and we don't have any Pictures of it, but I certainly remember what it looked like. The Connector was to make it easier to install/remove the Engine as no Wires had to be connected/disconnected under the Cowl, plus it also removed a potential sharp edge that could cut the Insulation on the wires, if it utilized a hole in the front Starboard corner of the Cowl Pan, like my Uncle's 1955 25hp Electric Start engine had