Electrical Diode for Triton 2002 WA2486

bobschulz

Recruit
I have a 2002 Triton WA2486 and the diode for the bilge pump switch burned up. Does anyone know a possible part number or what the resistance for the diode is?

Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Diodes go by wattage

A 3 watt diode would be about 1/8" diameter. A 5 watt diode is about 9/32" diameter. A 30 watt diode will be in an aluminum heat sink about 5/8" diameter

sam am I

Commander
I have a 2002 Triton WA2486 and the diode for the bilge pump switch burned up. Does anyone know a possible part number or what the resistance for the diode is?

Thanks
From Triton's general wiring schema, it appears the diode is for current steering due to the auto float switch, thus the pumps current is ran forward through the diode's PN junction..........

What size fuse is does the bilge circuit use/call for?

At the least, 1.5x that current value for the minimum forward/average current (If/Io) of the diode. The sys is 12V, at the least, 2x the value for the reverse voltage (Vr) of the diode.

e.g. if the bilge fuse is 4 amps, get a min 6.0A If/Io, w a min of 24.0V Vr either standard or schottky type...........The Schottky will run cooler due to lower Vf at the given If.

I'm sure you could order one through the manu for $29.99 ($49.99 if it were "Genuine Merc") and special somehow or buy the same if not better from Digikey for $1.02/$0.71

Last edited: