daily music fix

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
PS he was like Keith Richards from the Stones outlived many people who lived that wild lifestyle.

salvageyard saviour

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Truly love the 60's and 70's psychedelic rock. Couldn't get enough of Stevie Ray Vaughn for more bluesy sound.
Boycotted the radio through the 80's and 90s.
Just heard a great country tune. It's about boats too.
Chris Janson "Buy me a boat"

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I saw the Stones at Giants Stadium in NJ back in 2019 and they put on one hell of a great show. Also saw Paul McCartney there last spring & same thing. Sang for 3 hrs only took a short break; and he was about to turn 80!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Todays singers are a little full of themselves when they need to rely on Perfect Pitch and Auto Tune, plus a dozen or two Dancers and other Distractions to make the Audience think they are getting something for their Money.

dwco5051

Commander
Makes me feel old every time I hear of the passing of one of my favorite artists. Always was a big Skynyrd fan from their early days on. The first real formal date with my present wife was a Skynyrd concert back in 1998. Gary was with them still then along with Johnny Van Zant.

JimDirt

Seaman
Here's one of the greatest rock songs ever recorded, IMHO. Top 5. Throw in Stairway, Freebird, Voodoo Chile...not necessarily in that order. LOL Ted was one of the greatest guitar shredders back in the day. Dude was amazing.

And my favorite singer/musician of all time. The Hag. I don't think that there was another country/pop singer with a smooth and more pure (purer?) voice than Merle (and a helluva songwriter too) Maybe Anne Murray. I can't even pick a favorite Merle song. Way too many to choose from. But I really like this one. I had the CA blues, too. Not the way Merle sings it tho. I got the heck out!

dwco5051

Commander
And my favorite singer/musician of all time. The Hag. I don't think that there was another country/pop singer with a smooth and more pure (purer?) voice than Merle (and a helluva songwriter too) Maybe Anne Murray. I can't even pick a favorite Merle song. Way too many to choose from. But I really like this one. I had the CA blues, too. Not the way Merle sings it tho. I got the heck out!

Hag could do a Jimmy Rogers better than Rogers. Here is a favorite of mine with Merle and Slim Bryant doing a song written by Slim who at that time was the last living person to have cut a record with Rogers. Merle stopped by to visit Slim when he was in Pittsburgh some years ago. Slim Bryant and the Wildcats a well known group in the Western Pa area for years. I think Slim was 94 or 95 when this video was made. Norm Stephens handed Slim his guitar when they visited and they did his song.
Bryant passed at 101 years old and was still teaching guitar to young players almost to the end.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
To each his/her own, but to me, Walsh is a source of Earitation

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not a huge fans of mash ups but like this one. Saw Flack back in the 70's with mom when I was just a wee sprout.

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
Yes. Arnel Pineda has been the lead singer since 2007 and he is fantastic. Sounds exactly like Perry. Just saw them in concert with Toto a couple of months ago. Check out the album. I am very impressed how good it is.

JimDirt

Seaman
Arnel Pineda. I wouldn't say he sounds exactly like Perry, but pretty close.

JimDirt

Seaman
We all know that Skynyrd is the king of southern rock, but, Molly Hatchett is pretty killer.