Cutlass Cutty-Chris Craft

TK

Seaman Apprentice
I just found and brought home a Cutlass 1979. Any one out there have one of these models.

slomonkey

Recruit
Re: Cutlass Cutty-Chris Craft

TK,
VERY COOL FIND , theres not a ton of them out there ,I have owned two one cc and one cuddy wich i am in the process of restoring.My father owned one and i always loved it a geat handler in seas and no outdrive!!!
I always refered to it as a little big boat

I have a little info about them if you are interested ,lemme know

Peter

TK

Seaman Apprentice

Could I turn the cuddy into a CC? I am not fond of where the wheel is on the Cuddy and that the box takes up a ton of room.

So you find this a good riding boat? The little bit I have been out , it seems wet to me.

Let me know if possible before bidding ends on ebay.

slomonkey

Recruit

TK ,
I havent had the cuddy out In a sea, I trailered it to california from boston harbor and immediatley tore it down to repower with diesel. I am just finishing up the repower , The CC definately had a reputation for being a wet boat and that was my experience as well. I always attributed that to the fact that the seating position on the CC is behind the motor puting you right in the aft quarter were the spray is. I am on the pacific side and our usual run is out to catalina island(26 mile channel crossing) having made that ride in many other small boats the chris always seemed a very seaworthy boat to me.

It may be that I just Have a soft spot for these boats and i am overlooking some of there design flaws. I Agree with you on the helm postion for the cuddy,it is sort of off in nowhere land not comfortable from the bench seat and a little awkward while standing .On the wooden cuddys the helm was in a better position and the cuddy entry was centered ,much more appealing aesthetically and ergonomically .Anyhow a cool little boat non the less.

Peter