Crazy sighting.

FLATHEAD

Captain
We are sitting on the deck tonight and my daughter in law says look at that up in the sky. We look and there is a series of lights that are definitely out in space, single file in a perfect straight line moving along at a good clip across the sky. We figured about 40 or more. We are all dumbfounded thinking we saw UFO’s. After a bit of looking on the web. We find out it was Elon Musk starlight satellite. Crazy stuff! Was kinda cool to see but makes me nervous about all the crap circling the earth.

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
pretty soon there will be no privacy any where on the planet. hi def satellite imaging going to who knows who and for what.

scary stuff!.

aspeck

Staff member
Many people around here saw it also … it sure created a stir.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Seeing the international space station tracking across the sky was equally impressive

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
We are sitting on the deck tonight and my daughter in law says look at that up in the sky. We look and there is a series of lights that are definitely out in space, single file in a perfect straight line moving along at a good clip across the sky. We figured about 40 or more. We are all dumbfounded thinking we saw UFO’s. After a bit of looking on the web. We find out it was Elon Musk starlight satellite. Crazy stuff! Was kinda cool to see but makes me nervous about all the crap circling the earth.
interesting, and new to me to learn- thanks! and thanks for the link, now I know when to look up

yes, things change - it's unfortunate some others are scared by that

Reactions: KJM

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
interesting, and new to me to learn- thanks! and thanks for the link, now I know when to look up

Agreed. I worked in the space biz for several decades and "flew" some of those satellites. 📡

They've been over our country and around the planet since the late 1950s and early 1960s. Terrific stuff! 🛰️

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Agreed. I worked in the space biz for several decades and "flew" some of those satellites. 📡

They've been over our country and around the planet since the late 1950s and early 1960s. Terrific stuff! 🛰️
Gotta love GPS!

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

People were scared by the first automobiles when they came out too!

flashback

Captain
I read somewhere that space x has plans to put as many as 42,000 of them up there.. we'll never see the stars again!

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I read somewhere that space x has plans to put as many as 42,000 of them up there.. we'll never see the stars again!
We'll just have new moving stars! If anyone out there is still navigating by the stars that might create some problems though......

airshot

Rear Admiral
There is so much junk floating around our planet, it is a shame that we have junked up our planet but now we are doing the same to our atmosphere!!! One of the biggest dangers to the space station is being hit by space debris !! It has happened numerous times already but so far the hits have been light. Makes me sick when I see trash laying all over, totally unecessary...