Coffee maker parts

alldodge

Staff member
They say things happen in 3's, but it's been 4 so far and really hope this is going to stop. Dishwasher, Dryer, microwave and this morning the coffee maker.

Need a heating element for Cuisinart SS-15 (combo drip and K cup). Looks like no one has the part and for the most part guess a CM is just throw away, but which CM can you get parts for?

The why's
20+ yr GE Dishwasher wasn't cleaning very well so instead of replacing pump and maybe a couple other items just bought new

7+ yr Samsung electric Dryer heating element burned out so replaced element and all ok. It burned out because a bird built a nest in the exhaust vent. Going to put a cage over exit to stop that

20+ yr GE Microwave/Convection blew a fuse and was going to get into and find out why buy have already fixed it 2 times before, and Admiral would like one that also does air fry. So have a Samsung being delivered by the 14th

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Cuisinart coffeemakers are used EVERY DAY in my house. I keep up with the cleaning schedule.....never had a heater elemnt go bad.

You might be able to match the element on ebay or Ali Express but personnaly I would just buy a new pot/kurig maker - less aggrevation in the long run

matt167

Captain
I came to ask a question about reusable k cup filters. And you post something about a coffee machine 7 mins before. That’s weird lol…

My parents had a washing machine made sometime in the 70s, that was only replaced when the agitator was no longer available. It had been replaced a few times before. Since then the machine has been replaced twice.

alldodge

Staff member
Cuisinart coffeemakers are used EVERY DAY in my house. I keep up with the cleaning schedule.....never had a heater elemnt go bad.

You might be able to match the element on ebay or Ali Express but personnaly I would just buy a new pot/kurig maker - less aggrevation in the long run
We clean ours when it says to and has a built in clean cycle. Add the vinegar and water, press clean and it will cycle on/off a few times to let it sit and help desolve the crud

I opened it up and tested the element and it's burned out

Looks like Keurig has one option for duo, 12 cup and K.
Do they last any longer then the others? We used a 20+ yr Mr coffee to make some this morning

sangerwaker

Commander
We have the Keurig Duo at the cabin. It gets used every day we are there (2-3 days most weeks). We've had it I believe 3.5 years. We love it and have had no issues with it. It's well water there too. Love the capability of a single pod if I feel the need for an extra cup in the AM or an afternoon cup. When we have guests, 2 pots get made some mornings.

When our current machine at home dies, we plan to replace it with another Duo like at the cabin.

Although, I believe we are in a disposable age. I don't expect this coffee maker to last 20 years. Our last Keurig machine (K cup only) lasted about 6-7 years.

alldodge

Staff member
I mentioned to the Admiral about the K-Duo and next think happened is she bought one. She does like to shop and any excuse is a good one. Walmart $79

sangerwaker

Commander
That's not the same model we have at the lake. We have this one:

Not that it matters....

We've had Keurig brand makers for many years now. Burned up 2 at home. One was a defective unit that went out within a week and was replaced under warranty. The other was simply used a lot. :) We replaced the regular coffee maker with the Duo when we took over the place due to the convenience of both a pot and single cup options.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Have a couple of years on the current Duo Plus. Have three earlier vintages in the basement that are "still good"

Our experience is that they go out of style quicker than they burn up...lol

harringtondav

Commander
Kudos for your appliance repair. I've never met a clothes dryer, dishwasher, gas or electric range that couldn't be fixed. Also washing machines, but I'll back off if I ever have to pull the agitator to replace a transmission.
Same with a refrigerator's sealed system. All appliances have a wiring diagram tucked away somewhere. Digital controlled machines have diagnostic procedures and codes.
But I'm reverting to simple dial/clock control machines where possible. Control boards and touch panels on 10+ yr old appliances often make replacement the best cost option.
I assume small stuff like coffee makers and countertop microwaves are eventually throw away, so I buy cheap.

alldodge

Staff member
Agree with counter top micro's
This was a Advantium 120 above range and has been good but just done with fixing simple stuff. Bad connection first time, simple rotator piece second time. This time my guess is the door closer switch shorted, but the heck with it. I'm going south korea with samsung

harringtondav

Commander
Our river house has a Frigidaire over stove microwave/vent hood.
...somewhere between 13 and 43 yrs old. Door handle is screwed and glued back in place. Upper vent louver is duct taped on. ..all my cobble work. But otherwise it keeps on chugging.
I'm with you on the LG, Samsung option when it pukes. ...assuming I can find one that fits.

harringtondav

Commander
I will never buy LG because it's china
I don't like to correct, but:
...I found these on Google. ....must be true. ???
I've had good luck with Samsung products. ....not ready to take the leap to Hundia/Kia autos.
Korea is OK with me.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Looks like Keurig has one option for duo, 12 cup and K.
Do they last any longer then the others? We used a 20+ yr Mr coffee to make some this morning
they do not last any longer. I have found that they last only a year or two and then they stop pumping water. Our Cuisinart is still going where there is now 3 Keurigs that are dead and I need to take a look or toss them.

alldodge

Staff member
they do not last any longer. I have found that they last only a year or two and then they stop pumping water. Our Cuisinart is still going where there is now 3 Keurigs that are dead and I need to take a look or toss them.
That's not good, the Cuis last maybe 5 yrs

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I have a percolator style coffee pot that we use when camping. its dual voltage, 12 volt and 125. its going to be over 50 soon.

they just dont make things to be repaired or two last.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
When it comes to appliances, GE used to be a good brand but not anymore in my experience. We bought a new GE washer a few years ago and on spin it sounded like a helicopter had landed on the roof. The mother board went in about 2 weeks, they replaced it. but it never seemed to wash good and the noise was really bad. Not much satisfaction from customer service. About 3 months ago it started to leak so we just brought it to the dump. Bought a new Whirlpool washer. The clutch or some such thing gave out in 2 weeks! Replaced under warranty and fingers crossed working perfect ever since. So much quieter.

harringtondav

Commander
When it comes to appliances, GE used to be a good brand but not anymore in my experience.
We bought a GE French door fridge in the early 2000's. Main board died w/in two years. Warranty. That board died a year later. I got a new one directly from GE parts under parts warranty, no questions. Obviously a known problem. Fool me once..... So I lied and said that board also failed. New board, no return required. The spare has been getting dusty, but I'm ready.
Our GE gas range is about as old. Early this year the oven temp sensor died. Fault code pointed it to me. $30 aftermarket sensor and all is good.