Chaparral Sundeck

Blowinup

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking for a sundeck for a 2006 or 2007 210 SSi. I have a 2007 so that is preferable but either year will fit. I know this is a shot in the dark since I haven't found a single salvage or parts boat for these model years.

Blowinup

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking for a sundeck for a 2006 or 2007 210 SSi. I have a 2007 so that is preferable but either year will fit. I know this is a shot in the dark since I haven't found a single salvage or parts boat for these model years.

Also looking for the OEM bow and deck covers preferably in yellow.

Also looking for the original faceplate or head unit for the Clarion stereo that shipped with the boat or any Clarion head unit that supports the helm and swim deck remotes.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Upholstery and covers are likely DIY or local upholstery shop

No idea where you might find a Clarion faceplate. New head unit may be in order

Remember iboats Forum doesnt have a used sale, trade, swap or giveaway section.

Blowinup

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks. I have some quotes for the custom upholstery and canvas work. I was just hoping to find the factory originals.

Understood. I wasn't soliciting a sale, trade or swap. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest some resources to source these items like auction sites, salvage yards or maybe an ad they may have seen one for sale somewhere.

Blowinup

Seaman Apprentice
I found a Chaparral Owners Group on Facebook. With their help I was able to track down a Clarion head unit that's compatible with the two wired remotes. It took a lot of searching but that one is done.

I also found a couple of boats for auction that had the sundeck I needed in decent shape. But I never bid on them because the idea of having to strip down and depose of the boat after I raided it for all I need was not appealing. Been there done that... not fun.

I called at least a dozen upholstery shops and got estimates ranging from 1200 to 2800 to rebuild the sundeck from the plans I got from Chaparral. In the end I decided to build the deck myself and found a guy to foam upholster it for about the same as the material would have cost me to do it myself.

I've done a little upholstery and canvas sewing but nothing of this scale and don't think I could have done as good a job as this guy, especially on my first try. I'm happy with the results for what i paid.

This is a picture he took and sent me right after it was finished. But it looks even better now that it's had a chance to expand and fill out a bit in the warm Florida sun. I'll post some better pictures if there is any interest.

New Sundecl - 1st Pic.jpeg