Cant break in suzuki 2.5 on mariner 4?

Bought a new suzuki 2.5 as they are light and popular on the mariners it seems. However, first time out there several issues, the biggest one being I can hardly go to half throttle without the the top of the engine ending up in the water.. there is no way I can follow the break-in procedure for the motor? Please advise..

Another issue is that the cable guide on the tiller runs Into the motor mount, what is thr best way to raise to the motor on the mount..

Any other general advise to have a gas outboard on the mariner 4 would be appreciated. I am trying to leave for a road/fishing trip and this is holding me back

Thank you

matt167

Captain
Did you extend the support poles? I had a Hangkai 3hp on a seahawk 3 and I would have lost the motor without the extended support poles. A gas motor is really too heavy on one of those blow up boats. They really just need an electric motor

airshot

Rear Admiral
Did you extend the support poles? I had a Hangkai 3hp on a seahawk 3 and I would have lost the motor without the extended support poles. A gas motor is really too heavy on one of those blow up boats. They really just need an electric motor
Better to just have a small jon boat....or get a real blow up boat...

M1aTom

Seaman Apprentice
Could a Jack plate be of any use if they make them for your boat?