Broken seats??

smokercraft 56

Recruit
Has anyone else out there had a problem with the seats in their Smoker Craft boat? The plastic handle that releases the seat to swivel or remove the seat from the base continues to break. 3 different folks fishing on my boat have broken off the handle. If so, how did you ersolve or replace the handle?

smokercraft 56

Recruit
I have a Smoker Craft but I think Starcraft uses the same seats on some of their boats. The plastic handle that releases the seat to swivel or remove the seat from the base breaks off. 3 different folks fishing with me have had a handle come off in their hand. Has anyone created a replacement?

airshot

Rear Admiral
Darn plastic never holds up with time...Just from your pics...can you remove the piece inside the stand that broke off ? If you can then use a steel rod ( threaded) to splice the two broken pieces together. Drill and tap both pieces, add the threaded rod and even epoxy if needed. Not that hard to do, ...but being a toolmaker for 50 years might make a difference for me...lol...

smokercraft 56

Recruit
Thank you for your response. I am not very handy at all. I had posted on another forum and got a response there from a very kind fellow that is fabricating new handles for me using aluminum. Wish I had those type of skills! On a temporary basis I used some zip ties and rope to use the seat.