Blackmax reeds.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Reeds look good.------What other trouble shooting has been done ?----Horse power and serial # needed.

XS POWER

Seaman Apprentice
0d254619, 150
Comp test 115 += 3, On the carbs now cleaned and ready for install. Spark test passed. Was pouring fuel out that cylinder with the light gap in reeds. Lowered float level a touch. I brought it as a spares motor, comp came back good so I'm tinkering to see if I can get it running..

Dukedog

Captain
some good, a coupla of 'em not so good... back fire is usually one of two things.. timing and/or wiring (switch box/coil wiring usually)..... this could go back to how you "fixed" tha cut off trigger wires.. best ta bite tha bullet and geta new (used will probably work, they hardly ever go bad) trigger thats not screwed up.. jmo.... for new reeds call.

Chris Carson's Marine Service..​

305) 852-2725

Last edited:

XS POWER

Seaman Apprentice
Cheers, I had another set of reeds laying around and made up and good set. I've got some switchboxes im gunna put on it and try. Looks to me somone has put on a new trigger but just cut and joined the wires instead of pulling the boxes, why has me baffled.

Dukedog

Captain
i don't know how you determine which brown, white, violet match tha right switch box??? never had ta do that myself... seems like you could get them wrong pretty easily.... 3X 50/50 chance?

XS POWER

Seaman Apprentice
Cheers for your time. Its a mongrel motor, some of the roughest **** I've seen on a motor. I brought it for the mid I'm raising my transom to 25. One lot a wires has got a black sheath so I'm hoping they kept them separated. I'm gunna give it two more days then get on with the powerhead swap and play with it down the track.

Dukedog

Captain
tha "black sheaths" don't mean a thing.. its jus what merc uses ta kinda protect tha wires from heat and in a hap-hazard "bundle".. good luck with it!!!