Black Marlin fights back and wins!

Triton II

Commander
Just saw a news article. A young kid hooked up a big Black Marlin and almost got it onto the boat. Just about to land the thing when it leapt out of the water and landed almost on top on the guy in the boat giving him a bloody nose. The guy's sister caught the whole thing on video. <br />Marlin got cut away and boat returned to shore to find a doctor! Hilarious!!! :p

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Black Marlin fights back and wins!

I heard that they had ot airlift someone via helicopter from the dock to the hospital, like a 14 year old kid or something. Also said it was a 600 pound fish.

PW2

Commander

It was on Scarboro last nite on MSNBC.<br /><br />Joe asked the guy if he thought it was an accident, or if the Marlin did it on purpose.<br /><br />Now that's funnier yet!

20/20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just heard about this awhile ago on the radio, chock 1 up for the fish. There was another story also about a 20yr old that found his beer muscles while at the zoo{another country}. He was braging to his friends about how tough he is when he decided to jump into a bear cage. He punched the bear once and it pushed him away{kind of like "leave me alone stupid"} Well the guy couldn't take a hint, the bear then decided to open up a can of woop a**.

rwise

Captain

I saw that on the news, said he is going to have a good scar from it.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

ROTFLMAO!!!! Drunk idiot Vs sober bear. I'll have 20 on the bear thanks.<br /><br />Chris...........

aspeck

Staff member

Just saw the video the boys sister was taking on CBS this morning. Interviewed the kid, sister, and dad. Rather amazing and the family has a great sense of humor. At the end of the interview they were asked if they were ready to go fishing again. Boy and dad quickly said yes, sister chimed in, "in a lake!"<br /><br />Certainly was a beautiful fish!<br /><br />Boy has cuts in his mouth, 4 broken bones in his face, and was knocked out cold by the fish. It was a 2 hour ride back to the marina where they were flown to hospital - but the family seemed to take it with humor. Good for them.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

That's a story that kid will be telling his grandkids. And he'll have the video to proove it when they say "No Way!" :) :) :)