Beginner in Fishing

Ernestdowson1

Recruit
I am going with my college trip and we will enjoy fishing and boating but It is my first time. Actually, Fishing is very interesting but due to no experience I am happy to get some tips and tricks about it. Although, I bought some fishing accessories from lil peep shop as well. If you will help me so I shall be very thanks to you.

aspeck

Staff member
Where will you be fishing? A lake? A stream? A river? An ocean? A pond? What fish will you be targeting? Panfish? Bass? Trout? Walleye? Muskie/Pike? Catfish? Saltwater species? Will you be fishing from a boat or the bank? Wading in the stream or river? For us to help you with tips, tactics, gear, etc. we will need a little more information.

Last edited:

briangcc

Commander
Good chance you need a fishing license so make sure you have that. You should also receive a list of regs - read through them to make sure you are in compliance as to what you can and can't target. Certain lakes may have additional regs so review those as well. In my neck of the woods, very few fish are in season.

Beyond that...it's fishing, not catching, so you may just be relaxing on the shore or boat while the line dangles in the water for a while. Don't get discouraged, rather move to a new spot and try again. My boys use jigs with worms and can generally out catch me - I generally go for the larger fish using Mepps which take larger bait so I catch less.

Best advice I can give without more specifics.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Most fish are caught with a hook in one side of the mouth or the other.-----Can not see this happening but have seen it once fish is in the net.