Battery...

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The fact that there was smoke initially isn't good. But that was with the water ON. I replaced it last year after the first event, but I still had trouble with running it on the water hose after that. I think I even opened it up and looked at it again. It ran nice and cool on the lake though.

That's part of the stress of starting it using that. I'm biting my nails for the little bit that it seems dry back there. Again I don't remember that in the past. Then when the water gets turned OFF as part of the whole thing I just want to put this thing out of my sight indefinitely. It's been enjoyment and h-e-double hockey sticks ever since I've had it. I'm just not sure exactly how the percentage falls (lol).

I'll look back at my maintenance notes, maybe open this one up to make sure no shavings or bits have been sent forward. Order another if need be, and avoid the hose...

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Metal part was twisted in the housing such that about half the ports were covered for intake and exit. I've ordered it AGAIN. I have another good rubber part, and metal part, but need the housing, really, since it got hot.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 6

Dubed

Petty Officer 1st Class
Make sure you check the health of the water pocket cover in the upper half of outdrive that the water tube goes into

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Replaced impeller and housing yesterday evening (did not test on the hose! lol), plus a few other items like greasing gimball and wheel bearings, etc. (messing with drive water plugs too... another thread in OMC section). Had it to the lake today, and it never got over 160F or so if my gauge is accurate.

We cruised at about 3k RPM so we really didn't push it. Did just under 20 miles. The new battery was great. I only killed it for an extended time once, but it restarted easily (had some hard restarts last year after sitting a while, which I think may have been related to cranking too slow).

Alternator's working too (per dash voltmeter), so that wasn't the trouble with the old battery. Hopefully this one'll last longer.