Avon Redshank

BonScott

Recruit
I was just given one of these and so far am very impressed to say the least.No leaks, patches, etc. Guess it was tucked away for alot of it's time out of the box. My question is where could I find the motor mounts that were standard with it back when these came out. I've searched and seen some that look the part but would rather hear from someone in the know. I'll be using a merc 2 stroke on it. Also, is it possible to get a cert of origin so that I can register it? Thank you for your time.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Avon Redshank

For Avon parts you would need to order them from an Avon dealer. The Certificate of Origin would have been with the first dealer who had the boat.

BonScott

Recruit

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured I was just curious if the spacing between the collar mounts had been changed. I can't really find too much info on these things other than pics here and there. Thanks again for the heads up.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

... hiya Bon;

Not sure if your referring to a transom mount for your O/B? Here is a setup I have and strengthened. You might be able to modify one to meet your needs. This is rated for up to 5 hp. I'm looking at a Suzuki 2.5 for it.

Cheers

Attachments

• raft1.jpg
    raft1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • raft2.jpg
    raft2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
  • raft3.jpg
    raft3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • exxon valdez.jpg
    exxon valdez.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

If it has the same mounts as the Avon Redcrest you can use the old style Achilles mount as well.

BonScott

Recruit

I'm checking on the similarities to the redcrest. I know they changed the tube diameter in either the redcrest, red "something", or redshank. azlakes thats a nice set up you have.I gave the serial number to a raft shop up here and they suggested that this one might be from 79 which boggles my mind. Thanks all again.