Artificial Intelligence parts finder

topgun3690

Ensign
The 30 something year old faucet in my shop's bathroom started dripping, so I took the old valve stem and seat/spring down to the local Ace hardware to see if I could find the parts.....had no idea what brand or model the faucet was. The Ace guy took a pic of the stem using their app.....the program identified it and gave a part number.....he found one on the wall and handed it to me. It was the exact one I needed.....the whole process took less than a minute. Didn't really think I would be able to find the right parts for an unknown brand 30 year old faucet.....

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The 30 something year old faucet in my shop's bathroom started dripping, so I took the old valve stem and seat/spring down to the local Ace hardware to see if I could find the parts.....had no idea what brand or model the faucet was. The Ace guy took a pic of the stem using their app.....the program identified it and gave a part number.....he found one on the wall and handed it to me. It was the exact one I needed.....the whole process took less than a minute. Didn't really think I would be able to find the right parts for an unknown brand 30 year old faucet.....
Most faucet parts are common, off the shelve components.
O-rings, washers, etc.
As long as you have the old part, you can find new

topgun3690

Ensign
Most faucet parts are common, off the shelve components.
O-rings, washers, etc.
As long as you have the old part, you can find new
Agreed......just thought the way he found the right valve stem was impressive, and saved me a lot of time trying to find the right one.