Accidently found way to get rid of freeloaders

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Awhile back some loud mouth aquaintances wanted a ride on my cabin cruiser. They talked about what they wanted in a boat and what their boat would be like, and of course they don't even own a boat! To make things a little more exciting, I had just purchased this cabin crusier this past spring. It came in various boxes and buckets. The boat hadn't seen water for about 12 years. Well after every minuet of free time, it was finally ready for the water. I launched it, and everything went fine. Took her out several more times uneventful. I am tickled to death, and as happy as can be. :D So now I invite the buddies that wanted a ride. Everything went fine and they wanted more. So the next 4 weekends they are hounding me to go out. We were out on this small lake of less that 1000 acres. My boat is somewhat large for this lake, but the docks were fine and the camping was great. It was about midnight, had scattered thunder storms, but at the time it wasn't raining so all of us (7) was on the bridge. We were moving at about 5 knots and I thought I would see how well the boat would handle a sharp turn to the left. Well the boat turned to the left, but with all the weight on top, the inertia kept the boat going straight and laid the boat on its right side. Everyone slid over on one side, the boat got so far on her side the outdrive popped out of the water, motor started reving, so I cranked the steering wheel in the oppisite direction, got the outdirve back in the water, gased her a bit and stood the boat back up just like I had planned it. Only thing is I didn't! :p Scared the crap out of me and everyone else. But the thing is now, I am actually able to quietly take the boat out with my family. My buddies think I'm crazy and pass on the opportunity to go out fishing with me. All I know is that I will never make a tight turn at slow speed with so much weight on the bridge. I love driving from the bridge, there is nothing like it.<br /><br /> :rolleyes: NEVER BY A BOAT ON BLOCKS FROM A REDNECK....

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Accidently found way to get rid of freeloaders

That is one way to do it!!!<br /><br />That remind me of the story of a family friend who had a bass boat & this guy always wanted to go fishin' with him & when he did he never paid for gas...<br /><br />So the one time he did, our family friend said "just fill up the truck"... old Ford with single tank (he thought) & he said OK...<br /><br />Filled up boat then started on truck then after pumping over 60 gallons because of two aux tanks... our friend told him to stop as he had got his boat gas money back!!!<br /><br />I know the feeling of having to deal with freeloaders... it costs me over $50.00 in fuel to fill them both up before I leave for water & all they want to bring is thier 12 pack of beer & think that is OK!!!<br /><br /> :confused: