A/c issue 2002 signature 260

peidude

Cadet
Seems to be on…, ducts are cold to the touch…, but no air flow… new owner… not sure where to start troubleshooting!
Thanks all.

alldodge

Staff member
Is fan blowing?
Remove duct and see if its clogged.
Could be the AC unit condenser is all dirty

peidude

Cadet
Thanks. I checked duct work and it was loose. Tightened up and acting better now. Thanks for starting point tip.

Mcguiver

Cadet
Did you verify the condenser coil was clean as alldodge suggested? Could be iced up and blocking off air flow. If it's icing up the problem could be lint build up acting as a wick to hold moisture then freeze. The other thing I'd check is routing of the duct to make sure it isn't kinked in any way, it's easy to bent the duct and choke off air flow. Verify the duct size is adequate for the AC unit. I had a Bayliner that had the wrong size (4" installed/6" required) and it was a factory installed option. Air intake grill want correct total area. Made major difference in air flow and cooling when I both were corrected. Blower wheel could have shifted away from blower inlet, they're typically held to the shaft with a ring clamp (not bolted or held with set screw) OR someone may have work near it and accidentally pushed it farther away OR natural center of blower motor may be pulling it away from the blower intake causing loss in pressure to produce design air flow.

peidude

Cadet
Have put it to bed for the winter and it was acting better after cleaning the seacock filter. But thank you very much for those other tips/ leads regarding the ac system. Never know, they may be the next problem.
Thanks again.